• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Calling All Agents And Publishers

manuscriptx

:cool:

I am a prospective author looking for either or both a literary agent or publishing establishment. I believe my material is and will be very marketable to the reading community. The first of three books planned is an ' autobiographic novel ' account.

Unlike other writers, I am particularly skilled in four career genres. Literature, Art, Short-Film and Technology. Recently having completed two short-films, they give a unique depiction into a life revolving around ambition, emotion and an innovative set of ideas.

The finished work will include nuances using the latest in graphic design software. I invite those interested to contact via either
e-mail address provided :

manuscriptx@yahoo.com or xttwo@hotmail.com

Thank You

I wish you well.

I don't want to cut you down, but it is not that easy. As much as we (at least you and I) can talk about how poor the quality of modern literature is, the truth is that the publishers are not looking for new material. Those that break into the system somehow manage to get themselves noticed, NOT JUST PRESENT THEMSELVES FOR NOTICE. It takes work. It takes luck. It takes persistence.

Again, I wish you well. Also, however, don't think you are alone. I am working to get myself noticed, and I know others that are doing the same (some of which have pretty good credentials). Join the game, and don't be shy.

Motokid said:
Yeah, I'm sure that'll work. :rolleyes:

No more Mr. Nice Guy, hey Moto?

Seriously, MSx, this isn't the most effective way to make a pitch. Try writing the book first, at least part of it. Then you ought to read up on how to sell it. I'm not even sure what half your post actually means.

manuscriptx said:
Recently having completed two short-films, they give a unique depiction...
The dangling construction here wouldn't impress an agent or publisher. Work on grammar and style. As you write, you might want to use the services of a freelance editor.

novella said:
No more Mr. Nice Guy, hey Moto?

I'm trying the Stewart school of posting to these kind of threads. :cool:

Change things up a little. Keep y'all guessing. Plus, I hit the warning triangle for the mods. At the very least this is in the wrong section of the forum.

Motokid said:
I'm trying the Stewart school of posting to these kind of threads. :cool:

Other than this post I don't think Stewart would post to these kind of threads.

I am worried. An "autobiographic novel" may need some knowledge of yourself, but your profile states this:

Quote:

Biography:
I am 31 years old...

You know, I just didn't want to say anything......

Glad someone did. I guess someone has got some dilusions of grandure about writing, publishing and getting an agent to promote.:rolleyes:

Um, you have to contact agents to get one, not have them contact you. I am 17, and I know that from researching. And finding them over the Internet is bad. One of my friends gave her book to an Internet agent who stole and plagiarized it.
As for the thing about him being 32 and saying he was 31 in his biography, maybe he had a birthday like right after he joined...or something....

Back