• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can anybody recommend some good mysteries?

thegunslinger

So, I'm on a bit of a mystery kick. I've only read a few, probably one of my favorites being "Kiss Me, Judas" by Will Christopher Baer. I just finished a couple by Carl Hiaason, and was hoping somebody could drop me some names I could check out, maybe in the vain of those two authors, but really any good suggestions would be appreciated.

I'd recommend the "Heart-Shaped Box". It's a pretty intense book. I found myself reading it until like 4,5,6 in the morning. I couldn't put it down. At first it starts off a bit slow (like Watership Down) but it picks up pretty quickly. It has a lot of twists (but not too many ) and it leaves you wanting more.

You could always try Tamar Myers. She has two series, one featuring an antiques dealer and the other a Menonite (sp?) woman who runs an inn. Both are hilarious and have excellent characters, and it's often impossible to predict the solution of the mystery/murder until the very last second. Highly enjoyable reads.

A lot of people have suggested Clive Cussler (apparently a sort of National Treasure writer: lost artifact, racing against the bad guys to get it back, sorta thing) and Sue Grafton, but I've not read either of them so I can't really vouch for them.

Hope that helps!

Back