• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can anyone suggest a literary agent?

sugarz

I'm looking for a literary agent to send my manuscript to and was hoping for some suggestions. Who would be a good agent for a fiction novel about interacial relationships? There are so many choices, and every agency seems to be advertising the same services? How does one chose?

Anyone have any ideas?

I think you'd better just hope that one picks you after you've sent your manuscipt to as many as you afford the postage to.:(

sugarz said:
I'm looking for a literary agent to send my manuscript to and was hoping for some suggestions. Who would be a good agent for a fiction novel about interacial relationships? There are so many choices, and every agency seems to be advertising the same services? How does one chose?

Look at the books you read that are similar in style/theme to whatever it is you've written. Find out who represents these authors. Approach their agents, but check if they are taking people on.

And get whatever the US equivalent of Writers & Artists Yearbook is? Is it Writers' Market, or something?

Amazon.com search on "agents"

clicky here

Book Description
This annual, comprehensive directory provides writers with the information they need to find the best agent for their work. The 2006 guide includes:
-Complete, annually updated contact information to more than 600 non-fee-charging agents, all who adhere to the ethical guidelines established by the Association of Author Representatives and the Writers Guild of America

-Insider interviews with top agents, including Evan Marshall, Ann Rittenberg, and Donald Maass

-Invaluable new articles on writing conferences, researching agents' web sites and fees, screenwriting secrets, and more

With book publishing becoming even more driven by agents, this guide will continue to be an essential tool for writers who want to get published.

It's good to remember that most agents recieve two or three hundred submissions a week, and only take on a handful of unpublished writers a year.

Back