• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can you?

Well, It's been 10 days since my New Year's Resolution to not buy anymore books until I've read all the ones I own.

10 days and still going strong!! Although I came pretty darn close to breaking it today.

I go into a bookstore, and come out with 2 books at the least. Not because I can't control a urge, but because my "to get" list is huge. I've started 5 or 6 book series which i ahven't finished, most of which I haven't got half the books of.

dele said:
Well, It's been 10 days since my New Year's Resolution to not buy anymore books until I've read all the ones I own.

10 days and still going strong!! Although I came pretty darn close to breaking it today.
dele, i made a similar resolution some years back. i can tell you that 10 days is a great achievement! I could only hang on for like, a couple of days...

:D

ds

I go weeks without buying books.....

I hate New Years Resolutions. Holly made me say "No more cafeine" lol, I'm still on a winning streak.

jenngorham said:
i worked in a bookstore for 3 years. had it not been for the very gracious owners who encouraged staff to read on the job and the loads of advance readers, i would have definitely owed them money each paycheck.

Lol, I've just applied to a bookstore close to my house. The owner said that they don't mind if, on our break, we just browse around. They're allowed a book a month. That's going to be hard.

Martin said:
Yup, it's easy - it's called 'havin' no cash'.

Cheers

My mother always asks me if I need cash and even if I say no she hands me $100.00. I don't see her that often. Maybe 10 times or so a year, so I manage not to bankrupt her

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
My mother always asks me if I need cash and even if I say no she hands me $100.00. I don't see her that often. Maybe 10 times or so a year, so I manage not to bankrupt her

Will your mother adopt me? PLEEEEEEEEEZ!!

SillyWabbit said:
Can you go into a book shop and not buy any books?

I do that all of the time. I usually make a mental note of any interesting books that I find, then see if I can find them at the library because I can't bear to spend the money on them.

dele said:

I've had the same resolution (not New Years) for ages - and I've already broken it twice this week. :p I bought Magician (Raymond E Fiest) a few days ago, and today I bought Pandora's Star (Peter F. Hamilton). :D

Back