• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Carnivale

EDIT: That is just plain unfair Martin, making me look more stupid than I really am. :D

Martin said:
By the way, how does one pronounce 'carnivale'? The american way, to rhyme with Yale and jail, or the French pronunciation?
Do Americans really pronounce it that way? I'm shocked!

I don't know, I'm asking - I've never heard anyone pronounce it, so I simply do not know.

Cheers

I'm hoping this show doesn't get cancelled. There have been reports recently that it's future wasn't looking too bright because of low ratings.

Martin said:
Caught the first episode of Carnivale today, and I really liked it. Any fans around?

By the way, how does one pronounce 'carnivale'? The american way, to rhyme with Yale and jail, or the French pronunciation?

Cheers

I would pronounce it ending with an Ol (like the begining of oliver) sound.

lenny nero said:
I read yesterday that HBO has officially cancelled it. :(
Oh great. Well, at least we'll still get the second season here. (There is a second season, right?)

Good question - does anyone know? Was the 2nd season completed, or did they cancel it mid-season?

Cheers

I purposely didn't read this thread until I got a couple of episodes in, and there were spoilers!!!! Arrrgh!!!!

I got the DVD of the first series, and loving it very much. I'm not done with it yet, but it's very beautiful. However it isn't near as weird and disjointed as Twin Peaks, and I still don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I think the short chap is pretty darn cool... :)

ds

Back