• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

CD reading question

Wabbit

Ummm, I know this is a book forum and not a tech forum... BUT lol

I heard mentioned once, long ago in a gallaxy far far away about a program that can read damaged CDs. Anybody know of such a program? I can't remember what the damn thing is called :)

Regards
Sillywabbit

I doubt it. That can't be, can it? I mean, it's the laser that reads it, not a program. And if there is a program that can do that, why don't all cd-players have it built in?

Cheers, Martin :D

Well, obviously if you have dropped it into a fire or smeared it in jam then it won't be able to help lol

I was on a forum that was talking about music. Some people was saying that they had CD's that they just could not read anymore because they were old or damaged in some way. Somebody posted and said you CAN read them with "whatever" program. Some other people posted saying, yeah it's true and it's a great program.

At the time I paid no attention. Silly me :) But now I have some CD's that I can't read with this CD drive and I want to find the name of the program!

Regards
Sillywabbit

I tried!!!

What the hell do I look for? :) I have no idea what the program is called. I tried: "read damaged cd" "cd reader" "cd read program" and so on!

Regards
Sillywabbit

Not sure about the program, but as martin said it's about the type of damage. I don't think a broken into bitty pieces cd's going to be helped by some programs

If you mean cds which have become unreadable by dirt or scratches, there are kits out there that scrape part of the outermost layer of plastic away from the cd, thus making them readable

Hi !

That last one looks about what I am looking for... only I have to pay for it lol And I don't want that lol I only have 2 CD's, not really worth paying for. Ah well... I think I will just give it up and use the CD's place mat lol

thank you for looking :)

Regards
Sillywabbit

Back