• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

CERN Zombies

I had to watch this, what with it being free and all.

OK, so it'd be a shame to call this a good movie. Because it's really not. Acting, direction, camera, script, special effects, it's all strictly amateur hour - nowhere near as bad as, say, Birdemic: Shock And Terror, but still, it's pretty obvious that absolutely no one involved with this has any experience making movies. (A bit more with watching them; one on the crew is credited as "official zombologist". Another credit reads "Best Gender-Unspecific-Person: Everyone (Awwww)".)

But then, that's not why you watch this movie. You watch this movie because it's the kind of movie you wish you'd get to make and can only get to make vicariously. They get to run around in the tunnels of the most expensive scientific installation on earth, throw fake blood at the camera, scream and yell "****!" at the top of their lungs as the zombies close in, and spout gleefully ridiculous technobabble about how the LHC is going to destroy the world by unleashing zombies on Switzerland. And you don't. But at least you get to watch and go "Golly, that looks fun."

Don't expect any of these guys to have a career in film. But 50 years from now, when one of them wins a Nobel Prize, you can proudly say "Eh, I prefer her earlier work."

As if one will ever win a Nobel! :eek:
Sounds like one so-called movie worth being forgotten.
Thanks for the public service, BeerGood. :)

Thank you. :) Just for further service and clarification, then, I'd just point out that
a) I can't recommend this highly enough for fans of cheesy horror comedy, faults and all, and
b) in case that was unclear, I was of course referring to the Nobel for physics. What with everyone involved being PHDs (or budding PHDs) at the most advanced physics lab on the planet and all. Physicists tend to have a sense of humour, and I sincerely doubt that making a movie ridiculing popular misconceptions about what's erreneously referred to as "the God particle" will hurt anyone's career. At least I hope it wouldn't, because if I were in their shoes, I'd sure as hell want to make a zombie movie too.

Back