• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Chamber clues to hbp

Is it not possible that it was not only addmittance policy that split them but something else also. plus if godric was a half blood it would prove why he addmitted those who were not pure bloods also

No Time to re-read

Good point Dermot.
Im not sure about Gryffindor's blood
, and i have no time at the moment to re-read the COS. I did say I was not entirely sure.

Dermotjpr said:
Is it not possible that it was not only addmittance policy that split them but something else also. plus if godric was a half blood it would prove why he addmitted those who were not pure bloods also

Possible, but not probable. I may need to go back to check, but I believe the text only mentions their fallout over addmittance policy.

h_carnahan said:

The link I mentioned between books two and six does not, in fact, relate to the 'Half-Blood Prince' (because there is no trace left of the HBP storyline in 'Chamber'.) Rather, it relates to a discovery Harry made in 'Chamber' that foreshadows something that he finds out in 'Prince'.

I think that says it all. No clues to the HBP in book 2. Thanks, h_carnahan, you saved me the trouble of going back to look.

Personally, I think the half-blood prince is
Hagrid.

After all,
he's half-giant and we don't know much about his mom, right? And who says the half-blood prince has to a be half-muggle and half-wizard human?

I also heard somewhere that
Chamber of Secrets was originally going to be called Half-Blood Prince, and in Chamber of Secrets we learn a bit about Hagrid's past.

ParadoxicalRae said:
Personally, I think the half-blood prince is
Hagrid.

After all,
he's half-giant and we don't know much about his mom, right? And who says the half-blood prince has to a be half-muggle and half-wizard human?

I also heard somewhere that
Chamber of Secrets was originally going to be called Half-Blood Prince, and in Chamber of Secrets we learn a bit about Hagrid's past.
That's an interesting idea. I think you could be right.

Back