• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

chasin a dream

Dream chaser

hi all i stumbled on to this site by chance
i love to read & i frequently spend 80% of my spare time reading the other 20% is divided by other things.
about 5% of that is chasing my dream which is to try & write a novel i can get started on writing it but i lose confidence in my self but no matter how low i go im still chasing my dream.
Im Dyslexic & i have found that reading has helped with it alot.
at the moment im reading the following
First & Only by Dan Abnett
This other Eden & popcorn by Ben Elton
Rogue squadron by Michael A Stackpol

is their any where on this site where you can write a test page for people to view & comment on?

A heartfelt welcome, Dream Chaser! You'll love it here, I'm sure!

I loved This Other Eden and Popcorn, and I'm sure you will as well!

Cheers, Martin :D

Thanks martin for the warm welcom i have already read popcorn & loved it the other eden i havent read yet.
the other eden came as a joint book with popcorn

Welcome, welcome. I know a few dyslexic authors, so I know it can be done. Just get yourself a good editor. If you have the story, it shouldn't be that hard to fix up some of the words, eh?

Hi and Welcome Dream chaser!
Go to the Writer's Showcase section to write your test page. I'm sure we'd all enjoy seeing it.

RaVeN

You are not alone Dream Chaser. Hans Christian Andersen, Agatha Christie, W.B. Yeats were all dyslexics. I think of it as a creative tool for writing as my dyslexia makes me think in unusual ways.

A hearty welcome Dream Chaser
great nic

i know exactly how you feel. when you write you go through highs and lows. i started on a story 3 years ago. but i kept losing confidence and thinking that it was going to end up being hopeless. it took me 1 year to bring myself to write it but let me tell you the day i finished it was the happiest day of my life

the feeling that you have created something and you are basking in its glory is absolutely celestial. i know you will end up with that feeling too

Back