• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life, what is going on?

iroh

It seems there is a new version of this book coming out?

The "old" I am looking at right now was published in 1998, here: (I can't post a link after 15 posts, huh?)

It was published in 1998 and has 832 pages.

Now there is another one that is coming in 2009, here: (link)

The exact same title and author, and this time the book has 672 pages?

What gives? What is the difference between the two books? does anyone know? and how come the publisher decided to re-republish the exact same book?(is this normal)

Please help

Thank you

(Since I can't seem to post a link, hopefully if you do a search on amazon.com you will know what I mean)

I am assuming they are re issueing it because of the movie about his life which I can't wait to see.The reviews I have read have been mostly positive,but I didn't find the pages to have a big difference,I am still looking.How was the one you read?

I haven't read the book yet, the problem is the old edition I can't buy it from amazon.ca anymore and the new edition won't be out until march. So I can't read it until then.

As an aside, the difference in pages is 160 pages, that is a huge difference, are they planning to cut out parts of the book? or is new book larger? did they decrease the font size?

(and there is a movie coming out?) link?

The one I see on Amazon.com has 814 pages and was published in 1997. The one coming out this year is 672 pages.

To answer your question, I don't know. It's hard to say until the new edition comes out. You could try contacting the publisher or author and asking.

Go ahead and get the 1997 one since it is still available and pretty cheap. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

The publisher info states "This revised and updated edition...will include new material...".
Notice that the book size is the same for both editions - 6 x 9 inches. The font size and line spacing will probably be decreased in this new edition.

Back