• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Check this out!

That's been on tv for a while now in the UK, though they haven't shown the full length ad for a bit. They showed a 'Making Of' as well, so they surely got their money's worth when they commisioned the advert. There's a micky take advertising Sugar Puffs too, but I guess that's not quite as impressive.

The Sporked Avenger :)

Ah, I didn't know that! But you have to admit, it is quite cool, isn't it?

Cheers, Martin :D

It is cool, what makes it even better is that they actually did it all, no computer trickery.

I don't get one thing, though. How do those tyres roll upwards? They roll up this thing ... how?!

Very cool, thank you for that!
5.gif

awesome!!
have you noticed that objects like the fan have enough speed to cover EXACTLY the distance they need to cover? that must have taken ages

Yeah, and also the exhaustpipe that starts rolling ... just makes it!

Fantastic!!

I've been looking for the 'making of' short film but i can't find it anywhere. I saw some of it a while back and the frustration they must have gone through. They were making the nut roll along a surface and it took them like 20 takes just to make it roll straight and not fall of, and that was just a nut!

I saw the making of film at the time when the ad came out, and all I can remember of it was lots of fed up men standing around in a studio trying not to move or make any noise just in case they started something moving when it wasn't supposed to. It'd be like accidentally knocking over the wrong domino in one of those record breaking attempts after you've just put down the 4 million and twelth domino.

I wish I'd been there. Shrunk down small to Gremlin size. Oh the fun I would have had.

Originally posted by Martin
Wait.

You're not Gremlin-sized?

Not since puberty. It was a great blow to my career propects when I hit that growth spurt. I had been working for Microsoft. They'd provided me with a tiny moped and a magnet, and all I had to do was sneak in to people's PCs and give their hard drives and good rub (wey hey). But as I started to grow it got harder and harder to sneak in through the floppy drive. So I switched to working for Ford. Again, I was provided with a moped, still tiny but slightly larger than the last. This time I was to sneak into the engines of parked cars, one that weren't Fords of course, and just tweak at them a bit. Nothing too dangerous, just squeaky brakes, maybe an oil leak here or there, make the exhaust pipe good and wobbly, bend the windscreen wipers a bit. But again with the growth.

Moved on to being William Shatner's wig. No moped this time, but a lovely rat-fur coat. All I had to do was cling on to his head and not fall off when he did anything energetic or rambunctious. Well that was going really well until they said I was getting too big and overly obvious.

That was a hard time for me. Moving from job to job, always a little too big. Is it any wonder I turned out so violent and angry? It's not my fault. I'm a victim of society.

Have you ever told the Queen that story? I sense a certain Litany being on the next honours list. Anyone who could work on Captain Kirk's head deserves recognition.

I do still get invited along to all the larger Star Trek conventions, actually. I haven't mentioned it to the Queen yet, I don't like to name drop. She gets jealous over all the famous people I've met. If you think she'd be interested then I could mention it tomorrow at lunch maybe. It depends. She's invited me over to see if I can help her sort out Princess Anne's behavioural problems, so it might get a bit tearful and talk of the great Shatner might be somewhat inappropriate. Honestly, I don't know what to do with the girl. She's just plain willful.

It's official ... we have a new addition to the spamgang!

Keep it up, Litany!

I'm humbled, i'm tickled, i'm River dancing with my cat.

We'll watch your back now Litany. Just keep your dues current.

RaVeN

Back