• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Chinese Girl Names

third man girl

Second question (Seeing it's Saturday) ;)

Are there any Chinese/Chinese speakers who could provide a name for a Chinese girl, which means smart/bright/intelligent?

Thank you :)

Third Man Girl

I didn't think the Chinese named their girls like that. Bad karma or some such. I didn't find any Chinese girls names related to bright, intelligent or smart. Boys names, yes, but not girls.

hi,guys.what you are talking about is very intersting .In our china,
you can choose very thing to name the people,sometimes you would wonder if he is male or female only by his/her name. And with every pronounce there are many words for you choosing.
For example,慧敏,the pronounce is "hui min",but 惠民,蕙闽 they all get the same pronounce.That's a little difficult to undstand for an new learner,but you will get it very soon.In English,there are also many words have the same pronouce,too.Right?
Mile-O-Phile,i have visited the site which you advised.Yes,it's a good place for names.But it's a little simple.you know,there are many culture and history of the nation in one person's name,and aslo other thing ,such as the parents' hope.
There always be a chines name for every foreign friend in our china.Sometimes they get their chinese names from the pronouces of their own names in their mothercountry.For example,大卫(da wei)for Dave,简妮(jianny)for Jane.And another ones get their names form the chinese language.
hehe,so long explanation.Hope it's useful for you,third man girl.
慧敏(Huimin) 敏琼(MinQiong)慧琳(Huilin)

Thanks Jojo.

It all sounds rather complicated, but interesting. And it certainly beats our method of naming boys after the eleven members of a favourite football team, and girls after the latest celebrity actress. :(

Thanks again for your help

Third Man Girl

Back