• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Choose 2 Dinners From Menu

Robert said:
SO I gather then that you've decided not to bring back some live Lobster back for some of us stuck in the great commonwealth of Virginia. ;)
I promise to think of you as we enjoy the fresh lobster direct from the Maine coast. :) Actually, we will not be going until the first week in September. The wild Maine blueberries are pretty hard to beat as far as blueberries go. I will even bring back some blueberry beer. :)

muggle said:
Actually, we will not be going until the first week in September. The wild Maine blueberries are pretty hard to beat as far as blueberries go. I will even bring back some blueberry beer. :)

That's close enough. Their season runs through the end of September. They'll still be fresh instead of frozen. :) I assume you're getting Sea Dog Bluepaw. I love that beer, it's great for a hot summer night. We're lucky enough that we can get it on tap around here and occasionally in bottles too.

muggle said:
I promise to think of you as we enjoy the fresh lobster direct from the Maine coast. :) Actually, we will not be going until the first week in September. The wild Maine blueberries are pretty hard to beat as far as blueberries go. I will even bring back some blueberry beer. :)

Don't forget the Old Bay! :D

I will reserve the Old Bay for when we have the famous blue crabs from the Eastern Shore.:)

The Bar Harbor Inn is one of the most enjoyable places to visit when on vacation. This is a view from the Ocean looking at the Inn. The restaurant is in the circular part of the Inn.

http://www.barharborinn.com/

mehastings said:
That's close enough. Their season runs through the end of September. They'll still be fresh instead of frozen. :) I assume you're getting Sea Dog Bluepaw. I love that beer, it's great for a hot summer night. We're lucky enough that we can get it on tap around here and occasionally in bottles too.
I don't remember what brand of Blueberry Beer we had but I will make an effort to track down some of the Sea Dog Bluepaw that you mentioned. I am starting to get anxious. :)

Finally!! We leave tomorrow morning for Bar Harbor, a 900 mile drive. We will spend 1 night in Marlborough, MA and 1 night in York, ME on the trip up to B.H. Don't talk about me while I am gone. :)

Cheese selection
Mixed Mesclun garden greens
Sun-dried tomato and mascarpone raviloi

Just as a side-track.. are lobsters the same things as crayfish.. I can't say I've ever seen lobsters here..

MonkeyCatcher said:
Cheese selection
Mixed Mesclun garden greens
Sun-dried tomato and mascarpone raviloi

Just as a side-track.. are lobsters the same things as crayfish.. I can't say I've ever seen lobsters here..

crayfish, crawfish, crawdads, depending on where you are from, are a smaller, freshwater version of lobster.

Taste is completely different, although the anatomy is similar.

and you gotta suck the heads! (no comment, MK!)

(seriously! That were all the good spicin's get trapped!)

mmmmm... crawfish heads...

I stayed in Bar Harbor for a week, and I stayed at the Bar Harbor Inn. I love that town so much. It is so cozy, with a nice small theater to enjoy a film at, and some really nice dinning places. The shops are really beautiful as well, and the kayaking there kicks ass.

leckert said:
crayfish, crawfish, crawdads, depending on where you are from, are a smaller, freshwater version of lobster
I know that crayfish here is most definately salt-water. My uncle goes diving for them when he goes out to get paua and scallops.

Back