• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman

Roxbrough

Two CD release with some time between.
In turn Serene and exciting. A concept piece that tells a story.
If you do not ever listen to Progressive music this would be a fabulous starting point.
Not on you tube though, listen to all the frequencies on decent seperates.
Totally recommended,

Well it isn't the first time I've heard the argument about vinyl vs CD / digital. I have had a number of people lecture me on the benefits of vinyl and quite honestly I'm not on the side of a nostalgic clinging to the past. Logically I entirely fail to see how the imperfections of a vinyl recording can be better than the purity of digital especially if you also take the improvements in recording equipment into account as well, but I have never bothered to get a 'professional' opinion on it.

Well it isn't the first time I've heard the argument about vinyl vs CD / digital. I have had a number of people lecture me on the benefits of vinyl and quite honestly I'm not on the side of a nostalgic clinging to the past. Logically I entirely fail to see how the imperfections of a vinyl recording can be better than the purity of digital especially if you also take the improvements in recording equipment into account as well, but I have never bothered to get a 'professional' opinion on it.

There isn't a vinyl vs CD argument in this thread.

Vinyl cannot hold a candle to a properly mastered digital source. The "warmth" claimed by the audiophiles is nothing more than self delusional anachronism.

There, that outta do it. :shifty

Vinyl cannot hold a candle to a properly mastered digital source. The "warmth" claimed by the audiophiles is nothing more than self delusional anachronism.

There, that outta do it. :shifty

Outta do what? I happened to mention that you don't need a hi-fi separate for CD and Roxbrough mentioned he had a very nice turntable.

Honestly you can't have a nice hi-fi conversation online without axe-grinding analogue phobes getting all antsy.

Hey hey play nice. I personally think any time some one mentions all this separate tracks, vinyl, special turntable stuff there is an implied criticism of digital. Why not just listen to the thing on youtube to see if you like it? What is wrong with that? Why must I buy separate track stuff etc etc to appreciate music?

I am just poking fun at the never-ending debates I have seen about the subject. They can go on forever, as circles tend to do.

Hey hey play nice. I personally think any time some one mentions all this separate tracks, vinyl, special turntable stuff there is an implied criticism of digital. Why not just listen to the thing on youtube to see if you like it? What is wrong with that? Why must I buy separate track stuff etc etc to appreciate music?

Roxbrough did say that the music in question wasn't on youtube and he just so happens to like hi-fi separates which you don't need in this instance because the music's on CD...

If you do not ever listen to Progressive music this would be a fabulous starting point.
Not on you tube though, listen to all the frequencies on decent seperates.

I did not understand that to say it was not on Youtube. He is saying do not listen to it on youtube, listen to all the frequencies on separates.

Especially as it is in fact on Youtube:

or if you prefer a shorter version:

Separates make vinyl sound better you don't need them for CDs, decent speakers plugged into your player of choice will do the same job.

Garbage in garbage out. If the source isn't there no amount of sophisticated amplification can retreive it. Better speakers hooked up to a poor front end would sound worse.

Back