• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Coming Soon to a Theatre Near You!

Irene Wilde

Went yesterday to see "The Incredibles" with my daughter. It's a Disney/Pixar collaboration. If you like that sort of thing, you'll like this one, too.

However, it seemed to me the biggest reaction from the audience wasn't to anything in the film, it was the preview for "Star Wars Episode III."

With all the big holiday movies coming up and all the films that want to be eligible for Academy Award consideration also needing to be released (on at least a limited basis) prior to the end of the year, what previews have captured peoples' attention?

Irene Wilde

This Trailer is showing too much. I like them short and not revealing all.
And yes Disney is the root of all evil. Bad Disney bad!

By the way what is Frodo doing in this movie fighting with Obi-Wan???

Freya said:
Walt Disney is the root of all evil. Discuss.

Has the evil of Disney become as dominant in other parts of the world has it is here in the 'States? Here we have Disney.com, The Disney Channel, Radio Disney, The Disney Store, Disneyland, Disney World, Disney films, and in the city of Anaheim, there is even Walt Disney Elementary School.

Irene Wilde

Irene Wilde said:
Here we have Disney.com, The Disney Channel, Radio Disney, The Disney Store, Disneyland, Disney World, Disney films, and in the city of Anaheim, there is even Walt Disney Elementary School.

That nearly made me vomit. I have a friend who worships Disney. Maybe I should put her down for her own good.

Irene Wilde said:
Has the evil of Disney become as dominant in other parts of the world has it is here in the 'States? Here we have Disney.com, The Disney Channel, Radio Disney, The Disney Store, Disneyland, Disney World, Disney films, and in the city of Anaheim, there is even Walt Disney Elementary School.

Irene Wilde

Nah, we don't have all that stuff. Europe in most parts is Disney-free. We have a Disneyworld somewhere (Paris?) but that's kind of all.

Freya said:
That nearly made me vomit. I have a friend who worships Disney. Maybe I should put her down for her own good.

Putting her down might be a bit strong...can't you put her in re-hab for awhile first and see if that helps?

Of course, the most evil and insidious marriage of Corporate America is Disney and McDonald's -- Disney merchandise available in those healthy and nutrituous "Happy Meals" at the Golden Arches. Don't forget to collect all 7 (or 10 or 12) kiddies.

Irene Wilde

Irene Wilde said:
Putting her down might be a bit strong...can't you put her in re-hab for awhile first and see if that helps?

I don't know... she gets terribly excited when she sees a Disney Store and we have to go in for about three hours.... And she spent Christmas day in Disneyland Paris the other year. Apparantly they had fake snow.

Freya said:
I don't know... she gets terribly excited when she sees a Disney Store and we have to go in for about three hours.... And she spent Christmas day in Disneyland Paris the other year. Apparantly they had fake snow.

Wow! That's pretty hardcore stuff! I think an intervention is required immediately! Tough love! Lock her in a room and make her go cold turkey!

Irene Wilde

It's probably the only humane thing to do :(

I'd like to add Anheuser Busch to the list of big fat companies me no likey.

Aside from the suspicously Republican name...what's your particular gripe with them...as opposed to say Adolphe Coors or Phillip Morris or Starbucks or...gee the list goes on and on! :)

Irene Wilde

And we can't forget Halliburton, Enron & Walmart!

Budweiser tastes crap. That's the main reason. Also, I hate these huge international breweries who are arguably responsible for the demise of smaller breweries. Budweiser will have the most beautiful plants, with the best technology at their fingertips, yet they persist in mass producing a bland, characterless beer. People deserve better! Of course this applicable to almost any industry, but beer is my main concern at the moment, so that is why I wish to add Anheuser Busch to my list.

There was a time when Budweiser was ubiquitous in this country, but there's two ways to sell in this country:

1) downscale, one-size-fits-all, it's not good but it's cheap

or

2) Raise the price through the roof and call it "gourmet"

Budweiser has taken the first route, but there are many "micro-breweries" out there who have taken the second. There are even some big breweries who have tried to disguise their dross by labeling it as something meant to convey small, handcrafted, and high-quality, but it's the same undrinkable mess.

Fortunately for me, Newcastle is readily available at most stores and restuarants. :)

Irene Wilde

:eek: But Mr/Miss/Mrs Moderator might get shouty :eek:

So, Newcastle - Newcastle Brown Ale? Classy bird ;) Not as classy as me like.

But it's their job to get shouty, don't hold it against them.

Yes, that Newcastle. I experimented with several brands, but this hit just the right notes...not to dark, not to light, and available in America. Stella is also good, but the variety we get in the 'States is crap -- tastes nothing like the real thing.

IW

I'm just gonna ask a silly, way off-topic question - did you enjoy The Incredibles?

Cheers

Back