• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Coming Soon . . .

Im halfway through watching Love Actually on DVDVDVD (well, more like half an hour in so far) - its a little confusing trying to work out whats what with about ten million characters in it though.

And Shrek rocks!! I saw it twice in two days!! (okay, so once was on a plane and i didnt have much choice, but i certainly enjoyed the first showing ;))

Phil

I won't say that Love Actually was perfect, but it had 2 really good things going for it:

1) Emma Thompson's performance. Small part but intense.
2) It wasn't afraid to say that sometimes, people make the best of a bad situation and that's OK.

Ashlea said:
I won't say that Love Actually was perfect, but it had 2 really good things going for it:

1) Emma Thompson's performance. Small part but intense.
2) It wasn't afraid to say that sometimes, people make the best of a bad situation and that's OK.
Emma Thompson is wonderful, and I agree with point two, but that doesn't make up for the overall movie. There are much less frantic ways to get that point across.

PS....I also enjoyed Shrek, I thought it was cute and I especially loved the donkey-dragon romance.

I didn't mean Shrek 1 - I meant Shrek 2!!!! It looked crap, you know, when I went to see Cat in the Hat yesterday and you saw me there, drinking my coffee and eating my free Nestle Double Chocolate egg ...

Off to see Scooby Doo 2 next week ...

Puts tin hat on and don's flame proof knickers again :rolleyes:

Shrek was brilliant! So that's four! :D And the trailer for Shrek 2 looked really good - an animated Meet the Parents, so it'sgotta be funny!
Donkey: "I think you'll find that the role of annoying animal character has already been taken". :D

Nicola, how can you put down shrek and then go see scoby doo and the cat in the hat (which looks awful from the ads) is it anything like the book. Anyway I just don't like the cat being fat. SHrek 2 looks good to me and I lived 1 so that's what... 4?

Going to see Hidalgo (sp?) next weekend, *jumps up and down* swords, horses, Viggo I think this is my kind of film :D

PS what happened to all the good pics on tis thread :(

Cassandra - I didn't actually go and see Cat in the Hat through choice you know! I have an 8 year old daughter who simply had to see it! :rolleyes:

I saw the trailer for Shrek 2 and didn't think it looked half as funny as Shrek 1 - yeah, yeah alright, so I did like Shrek 1 :eek: But as for Scooby Doo - phleeeese! I hated it as a child and hate it even more now that I'm a grown up (yep, I've been told I'm a grown up, although I'm not sure I believe it ... :eek: )

I can't remember the book so I can't tell you Cassandra, I'm sorry!

Martin - little things spring to mind .... :p

You can't remember the cat in the hat! I'm shocked! Please read, it's very good and short (then raed the grinch and green eggs and ham and horton the elephant cus they're the best:))

Back