• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Computer or Reading?

Matt

Here's a question for you guys: do you spend more time reading, or on the computer? Me, I guess I spend more time reading than on the computer, but I could cut back spending time on the computer. How about you guys? Do you spend more time reading, or on the computer?

Hard to tell since I'm usually reading something while I'm on the computer. I've got my book infront of me right now and I read it inbetween doing stuff. :)

More time on the computer, but I'm in grad school, so I spend a lot of time on the computer for class. Often, I'll just have five minutes for a break, so its not worth the trouble of dragging out my book (plus, I tend to get too involved in a book and forget to get back to work). During the summer, when I have no classes, I spend much more time reading books than on the computer.

For me, it's not a choice of one of the other. I read on the computer and I read books. I do a lot of non-fiction reading on the computer. I am untested in a large range of subjects I normally do my non-fiction reading with books.

Funny you should ask! This is something I actually struggle with. I love the Internet and I use it for fun and educational purposes, but I admit I use it way too much! I try to make myself put away my laptop and get out a book, but sometimes I just opt for the Internet because it's easier. Isn't that silly? Especially after a long day at work, I find that surfing the 'net is much more relaxing than having to use my brain to comprehend what I'm reading, even if it's a great novel. I usually do most of my reading on the weekends.

I think right now I'm split. Though half the time I'm on the computer it's for school work...really ;)
During the summer, I definately read more.
But like audreybee said it is easier. Just click click click. Plus I have ethernet so it's on all the time, I can just plunk down and it's easier to multitask.
With reading-it's either reading or nothing. With the interent I can talk to my roommate, check mail, surf and play with my kitten.

That's a really hard choice for me. I Can stay off the computer for hours on end if I know it's working. Cause lately my computer has been having major problems and sometimes won't work at all. But when I know it's ok, I can stay off it for nearly the entire day and just read....I'm weird.

I spend a lot of time on both, but when i'm on the computer it's usually something to do with books and reading

Cabrasopa :cool:

I crunch numbers on my PC at work for about 8-10 hours a day so computer wins for me!

Wish i could read more though

Funny you should ask! This is something I actually struggle with. I love the Internet and I use it for fun and educational purposes, but I admit I use it way too much! I try to make myself put away my laptop and get out a book, but sometimes I just opt for the Internet because it's easier. Isn't that silly? Especially after a long day at work, I find that surfing the 'net is much more relaxing than having to use my brain to comprehend what I'm reading, even if it's a great novel. I usually do most of my reading on the weekends.

I'm exactly like that. Most of my reading has to be done on the weekends because of my busy schedule. On weekdays, I usually don't arrive home until 8:00 pm and I'm completely exhausted. So I just go on the computer until I have to go to bed. Weekends are different because I don't do anything on them, so I have plenty of time to read. :) Also, I can read about 100 pages on saturday and sunday, whereas I can only read about 50 pages every other day of the week. That's why weekends are good for reading, whereas weekdays are good for computer time. :cool:

More time for reading than on computer. However, I spend a lot of time on computer searching for information, too.

I probably spend more time reading as when my boyfriend is home he's always on the computer so I read whilst he surfs the net. But when he's out working, like now, I log on as much as I can as I know that when he gets home, I won't get alook in! :mad:

I read a lot more than I spend time on the 'net, although being at Uni, I use the computer to do my assignments. Also, I use the computer at work. By and large, I spend far more time reading than I do on the computer. Priorities.

I use a lot more time on the computer, but most of the time there is spent reading, so I guess I spend most time reading at the computer.

Hands down, I spend more time on the computer. It provides all my news, all my mail, and a lot of my other daily reading. (It replaces the television.) Plus, I spend all day working on it in the office. I usually read the most on weekends and before I go to bed at night.

When I'm on the computer at home, I check news, my email and TBF and my own sites. I don't casually surf anymore.

However, I accidentally got myself sucked into Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, and I'm wishing I had more of me. So I'm more on the computer now than I'd normally be.

All this is my off work time, of course. My notebook is my professional life after all, so that doesn't count. :)

ds

both of them, really. Sometimes I spend more on computer than reading books. Other times I don't feel like to spend front of PC, I spend to reading books.

I'm on the computer all day at work so that accounts for most of my time.

As of last Thursday I've also lost some of my reading time; I used to read on the bus to & from work but I passed my driving test so now I'm driving everywhere!! :eek: :D

Tell me about it, Porthos! Few years ago I always on the bus and read my books. When I passed my driving test, I drive to work that show I got less reading!! Grr!

Back