• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Conn Iggulden: The Gates Of Rome

saliotthomas

Iggulden is on the easy reading side,you sure won't twist your brain reading it ,but in betwin two serious books it just might do.

Gates of Rome is the first of a serie of four,follow death of kings,field of swords,and gods of war(3 would have been better) and it's the best of them.
It the story of Julius Ceasar,from childhood to his death,very much on the action side,contrary to Colleen McCullough who's more on the political and psychological side.

Gates of Rome show's Julius as child to a early adult,and the friendship with Brutus.It as a nice pace,and the caracteres are well discibe and credible,as well as the life in Rome and the countryside.It's a different aproche on a sujet treated numerous times,and it somehow manage to make it seem new.
Ideal for a plane trip,or beach vacation!

There is another Conn Iggulden series about.

It's about the rise of Gengis Khan

Wolf of the Plains
Lord of the Bow

I saw this Tintin and it look very interesting.The only reproche of the Ceasar was the lengh.3 books instead of 4 with have ketp it more on edge.
Have you read Lord of the bow?

I saw this Tintin and it look very interesting.The only reproche of the Ceasar was the lengh.3 books instead of 4 with have ketp it more on edge.
Have you read Lord of the bow?

I would love to read it soon. But first Wolf of the Plains as that is the first book of the series.

I am just starting this set of books so I can't really comment yet but what I have read so far of the first book the gates of rome is entertaining and conjours up life in those times really well.

now finished the gates of rome and onto the next book death of kings I am enjoying reading these books very much.

Back