• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Construction of your personal library?

All beautiful, everybody, but I would be glad just to have all mine on shelves.
Went out and bought two bookcases two weeks ago. Now have to find places to put them. :D
It's getting tight in here.

Love the colors, Meadow, but this just in, from an interview of Laura Lippman in NYT Book Review section, Feb. 16, 2014:

Q: What does your personal book collection look like? Do you organize your books in any particular way?
A:I'm a librarian's daughter. I know the Dewey Decimal System, and I am familiar with the Library of Congress classification system because it is used by Baltimore's public library, the Enoch Pratt. My fiction is alphabetized by author, divided between adult and children's literature, hardcover and paperback. I let my husband [Dick Simon] organize the nonfiction. It breaks my heart, but I let him do it.​
:D
Just sayin'.

Keeping books behind glass makes it easier to dust :D

books should be a part of the home, well loved, well read, easily accessible.

All beautiful, everybody, but I would be glad just to have all mine on shelves.
Went out and bought two bookcases two weeks ago. Now have to find places to put them. :D
It's getting tight in here.

congratulations! Piles can be rather .... creative too :)

Love the colors, Meadow, but this just in, from an interview of Laura Lippman in NYT Book Review section, Feb. 16, 2014:

Q: What does your personal book collection look like? Do you organize your books in any particular way?
A:I'm a librarian's daughter. I know the Dewey Decimal System, and I am familiar with the Library of Congress classification system because it is used by Baltimore's public library, the Enoch Pratt. My fiction is alphabetized by author, divided between adult and children's literature, hardcover and paperback. I let my husband [Dick Simon] organize the nonfiction. It breaks my heart, but I let him do it.​
:D
Just sayin'.

well I am pretty sure I am not that anal about it. So long as all the books by one author are together I'm ok. My DVD's are arranged by colour, thanks to another member of the household, can I find what I want?

I still have not organized my books in any kind of order other than, if it fits, put it there.

I would love to have a dedicated room just for my books (maybe one day). However, for the moment I have to admit that most of mine aren't even in bookshelves but are in fact stacked up in piles on the floor or at the bottom of a big built-in wardrobe. I also have a pile on my desk which tends to be my immediate TBR pile.

Back