• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Contest - NCAA Tournament "Pickems"

MENS TOURNAMENT PICKS

Sweet 16
Duke
LSU
West Virginia
Texas

Memphis
Kansas
Gonzaga
UCLA

Uconn
Washington
North Carolina
Tennessee

Villanova
Boston College
Oklahoma (homer, yes I know)
Ohio State

Elite 8
LSU
Texas
Kansas
Gonzaga

UConn
North Carolina
Villanova
Ohio State

Final 4
Texas
Kansas

UConn
Villanova

Championship Game
Texas
UConn

National Champion
UConn Huskies

WOMEN'S TOURNAMENT PICKS (aka, wild guesses)
Sweet 16
UNC
UCLA
Rutgers
Tennessee

Ohio State
Arizona State
Baylor
Maryland

Duke
Kentucky
Georgia
UConn

LSU
Tulsa
Stanford
Oklahoma

Elite 8
UNC
Rutgers

Ohio State
Baylor

Duke
UConn

LSU
Oklahoma

Final 4
Rutgers
Baylor
Duke
OU

Championship Game
Baylor
OU

National Champion
Oklahoma Sooners (how could I not?)

mehastings said:
OK people, here's the warning. I've only been to two college basketball games in my life. I was there to provide EMS coverage and handed out bandaids/read the entire time I was there. I even had to have my Dad explain this to me before I started it! So don't pick on me if my choices are bad...
My wife picks the tournament based on 1) school location 2) mascot 3) colors and 4) some random X factor that never makes sense (like picking kent st. because her dad's name is kent). We've been married 14 years and she has never finished further than 3 games behind me and has tied me more than once.

That being said, I cannot wait until tip off in the morning!!!!!!!!!

curiouswonder said:
...some random X factor that never makes sense...

I'd say most of my choices fall under this category. My Dad told me UConn is probably the best team in college basketball right now. I remember that they were our "rivalry" when I was at UMASS (although it sounds like that has ended), so I didn't let them past the elite 8 on principal. That was probably the most "well thought out" decision I made.

do some of you care to pick the women tournament. so far only 3 of us have picked them and actually they are more fun to watch. :)

Both of my picks are wild guesses, lol

WOMEN's TOURNAMENT PICKS
Sweet 16
Louisville
UCLA
Dartmouth
Old Dominion
Notre Dame
Utah
Northern Artz.
Sacred Heart
Duke
Chattanooga
Georgia
Coppin St.
Minnesota
Liberty
Southeast Mo. Street
Pepperdine

Elite 8
UCLA
Dartmouth
Notre Dame
Northern Artz.
Chattanooga
Georgia
Liberty
Southeast Mo. Street

Final 4
UCLA
Notre Dame
Georgia
Liberty

Championship
UCLA
Liberty

National Champion
UCLA

MEN'S TOURNAMENT PICKS

Sweet 16
Dukes
Syracuse
West Virginia
Penn
Arkansas
Bradley
Xavier
Belmont
Albany
Washington
Murray St.
Winthrop
Wisconsin
Montana
Florida
Ohio St.

Elite 8
Dukes
Penn
Bradley
Belmont
Albany
Murray St.
Montano
Florida

Final 4
Dukes
Belmont
Murray St.
Florida

Championship
Dukes
Murray St.

National Champion

Dukes

hey, last year west viriginia was the 'cinderella' team...this year it could be anyone of your picks!! good luck!!

the teams are in the 'big dance' (tournament) basically a team you don't expect to advance far...like cinderella at the ball

I goofed, once again, and the deadline for posting your "picks' for the Men's tournament is NOW. In otherwords the "pickems" for the Men's tournament is now closed as they start playing ball today.

The deadline for the Women's Tournament will still be midnight March 17th.

Good luck to all. I still think that we have a couple "ringers" in mehastings and steffee. Thanks to everyone for your participation.

Oh haha, Muggle. :D

I had already posted up my picks before I even thought to look and see what game it was for! :eek:

WooHoo, Oklahoma gets beaten in the first round of the Men's Tournament by upstart Wis-Milwaukee. Curiouswonder must be weeping. :)

There is still time for mehastings and sfg to do the Women's Tournament picks.

Back