• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Contest - NCAA Tournament "Pickems"

I see that Syracuse got knocked out in the first round. I should have known better than to pick a team from the Big East Conference. :D I am still crying over Winthrop getting beat by 2 points and them missing a layup with 1 second left. They were my big upset pick. :(

i can't believe syracuse....haven't I been loyal to them?? 3 of mine gone...only 2 advance to the second round...let's see what miracles can be pulled off today

The Winthrop game was something else.:eek: :eek: It's amazing how teams play above their ability when they get the nod to play in the tourney.

Today's games should be good. Wonder how many upsets we will see. I was looking at mehastings picks, they look pretty good. Do you think that maybe she was "putting-us-on" a little about not knowing much about basketball.
Also, curiouswonder will not be hurt to bad by the loss of Oklahoma. The other picks will keep him in the game.

HAHA. Not so much. I don't really even know how to play basketball. I know the basics (put the ball in the net), but I don't know any of the rules. I'm really a baseball, hockey, soccer kind of girl.

We are going to the WNIT game tomorrow at UVA to see the women play St. Joes. We missed being in the NCAA this year but we will be back next year as we have a very good point guard and a freshman coming in that was a High School All American this year. We also have Brenna McGuire playing for us. Her Grandfather was Al McGuire, the legendary coach of Marquette.

I put together a spread sheet with all our picks and will post the numbers sometime after the 2nd round. Hope everyone checks their numbers though as there is probably a good chance I screwed up somewhere. :)

Here I am at the last minute with my women's picks.

Sweet Sixteen

North Carolina
UCLA
A&M
Tennessee

Ohio
Utah
Baylor
Maryland

Duke
Kentucky
Georgia
Connecticut

LSU
DePaul
Stanford
Brigham Young

Elite Eight

North Carolina
Tennessee
Ohio
Baylor

Duke
Georgia
LSU
Stanford

Final Four

Tennesse
Ohio
Georgia
LSU

Championship
Ohio
LSU

Winner
LSU

Northwestern State. This is the first time I've ever heard of 'em. And what do they do??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

northwestern is out in louisiana (ok, I admit I had to look it up) i figure their new claim-to fame is that they beat a #3 seed? (it's all i got!) ya gotta admit, it was a good game though!!! though I've never heard of bradley...?

Many, many, many years ago Bradley used to be one of the powerhouses in NCAA basketball. Bradley, St. Bonaventure, Niagara,, etc

mehastings, you just got in under the wire....welcome. ;)

btw, 14 of my picks are still alive for making the Sweet Sixteen.:D

here's what i did...I just highlighted my picks....and as they advance...I keep highlighting....hope it helps!

Back