• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cormac McCarthy: The Crossing

Shmoove

This was the second book in his border trilogy and it started out pretty interesting then got pretty boring to wards the end. I was a little disappointed to find out that John Grady (the star in All the Pretty Horses) was not in this book at all. I like my trilogy's to have the same characters in all of them all but thats just me. The book was very sad and I am hoping that the final book Cities of the Plain can somehow have a happy ending but I doubt it having read lots of McCarthy. I have read that in the next book the stars of the two previous books are together so that seems like a kind of a cool idea. So if anyone was thinking of reading the Border Trilogy because they loved The Road or No Country for Old Men I probably wouldn't recommend it. All the books so far seemed a little dragged out and McCarthy constantly goes into huge life stories about minor characters who are only in the book for a few pages. I gets really annoying.

I give it 4 stars out of 10.

I remember being frustrated by all of the untranlated spanish language, but I remember liking the story better than All the Pretty Horses. It is true about all the back stories on very minor characters. The one I will always remember is the blind guy who got his eyeballs sucked out of his skull.

Back