• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Creation vs Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

spatha

A perennial argument in discussion forums, I know, but one that always fascinates me. I like to hear peoples opinions on this; Who here still clings to the religious idea of a god being responsible for the universe and life on Earth, despite all the scientific evidence to the contrary, and who believes in the 'Big Bang' and evolution. And above all: why?

Ummm, I don't think this kind of topic is allowed on the book forum :) Politics and religion are not subjects allowed because they tend to cause arguments!

don't you think it's kind of irrelevant? beliefs are very closely related to desire, so if we think that either one is true it's because, first and foremost, we want it to be true. I think there's a fear of not knowing that urges us to put our faith somewhere.

I disagree, I would love creation, god, heaven and all that to be true, but I cant escape the scientific, empirical facts (fossil record, cosmic background heat etc. etc.) that tell me that they probably aren't (probably!).

And discussions like this really are'nt allowed here? Oh well, lock the thread if you wish, admins.

Yes, sorry, we don't allow political discussions, tho religion and politics can be discussed in relation to a specific book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back