• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Crime or forensic fiction wanted

Okay, and another search attempt:

I started reading the Tempe Brennan series of Kathy Reichs and absolutely love them and the writing style. I ordered the Patricia Cornwell books as well, but didn't start with them yet.

If someone has other recommendations about good crime fiction - forensic, investigating POV is cool, but not mandatory - let me know. I love series featuring the same character, but individual stories are also okay. Little personal stuff involved is always nice (as in the Tempe books) - some little romance here and there, you know... :D

Any "must read" books that I should know about?

Thanks!

Claudia

You might Google a series started years ago by Aaron Elkins with the character Gideon Oliver(I think).

There's also Jeffery Deaver's Lincoln Ryme series.

You might like Karin Slaughter's books about Dr. Sara Linton, a pediatrician and coroner in Grant County, Georgia. These books have slightly more disturbing violence than Kathy Reichs' and Patricia Cornwell's books.

Here is a website with a list of Forensics mysteries by author: Forensics Mysteries
It lists all of the author's books, sorted by character, with publication dates, so you can easily find the first book in the series.

I really like all of Sharyn McCrumb's books. Her books are amusing and witty. And also Sarah Andrews' books about Em Hansen, a forensic geologist in Wyoming.

I am a big James Patterson fan, so if you like crime books you can always count on his writings...

Some of the novels by James Patterson that I can recommend to you:

Along came a spider (the first book for the Alex Cross series)
Big bad wolf
Kiss the girls
When the wind blows

Also you can try Mary Higgins Clark novels which I also find pretty interesting.

I love forensic and crime books so here are some of the authors that are on my shelf.

Jonathan Kellerman {Delaware}
Faye Kellerman {Decker}
Jilliane Hoffman
Patricia Cornwell {Scarpetta}
Jeffrey Deaver{Lincoln Rhyme}
James Patterson{Cross or the women's murder club}
Karin Slaughter
Linda Fairstein
Kathy Reichs
Tess Gerritsen
Kathryn Fox
Micheal Connelly
Ian Rankin {Rebus}
R. D Wingfield {Frost}

As far as I know they all have websites:)

I'll honestly haven't heard of them, but I will look them up next time I am at the library, thanks!:)

You might want to try Anne Frasier. Her stories are not forensic, but the protagonists are female, and a touch of romance is added. Hush, Before I Wake, and Play Dead are all good.

Good reads

I agree about Jonathan Kellerman, but I only like the Alex Delaware books...also I like Michael Connelly, but did you know he died recently?

Have you tried the romantic suspense "Northern Escape" by R.L. Coffield?

Scott Turow

I'm curious why Scott Turow is not mentioned here or listed in the Forensics Mysteries list. I enjoy his books very much. They are a "sort of" series, as some of the same characters turn up in more than one book and the locale stays the same.

I work in promotions for Patricia Cornwells new book, Book of the Dead. If your not familar with her, shes a great forensic crime novelist and her new book comes out October 23. For those of you who are fans, its another Kay Scarpetta installment, and she is opening her own practice in this one... Check out the barnes and noble reviews of it, they have some great things to say about it.

Back