• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Critique Me!! I want to play too!!

MOTO!

I did not realize you were a player, too!

Awesome analogy! I suck as well, but there is nothing I like more than banging on those strings and croning some old Neil Young songs on my deck with a couple of friends and a bunch of beer!

I will NEVER make a dime playing the guitar (unless someone pays me to stop!), but I cannot imagine not playing! I hear someone like Pete Samzow, Guy Davis, or Neil Young, or (insert any of a billion guitarists' names here), and I want to tie my hands to a railroad track so that I will never pretend to play again. But I don't. I just say, man, that's awesome, then I go back to my mediocre strumming, and aspire to their talent.

I look at writing the same way. I know I am not a Stephen King. Although I do have some aspiration to be published some day (I think my writing is a little better than my guitar playing), I don't let my lack of talent override my desire to write.

Laboi,

Sometimes it is harder (or more adult?) to continue through the doubt and the torture to pursue something you love than it is to say "screw it, I quit".

Bottom line is, if you love it, you will do it. If you don't you won't.

Either way, it doesn't matter. What matters is that you are able to find SOMETHING you love enough that you will do it no matter what the world says, and no matter what successes or failures you have.

And don't base your happiness on others, or on your job, or on anything outside yourself. I'm no guru or anything. I don't sit atop a mountain doling out advice to the miscreants, but finding acceptance inside myself seems to be what has made me happy. (check out "The Joy Within". Can't remember the author's name, but I am sure you could google it)

Rock on, MOTO!

And what a can, SirMyk! Those suckers are wriggling all over the place, man!

Every dead horse deserves a good beating!

Man, look what I've started... all because I was trying to be nice and not critique his work. I just asked him to critique some of the work I've posted here... should be interesting if he participates.

"Some horses deserve to be glue," says Elmer, the blind, one-legged mustang with no tail.

novella said:
Eugen, can you write that all down for me? I'll never remember it.

Never you mind. From the posts, I see someone's written worse. Can only blame yours on bad hair day.

Back