• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Crushes on fictional characters

I can't really say that I've had this happen. :confused: Though in the Cussler book I'm reading now, the gal on the burning ship around chapter 4 of the first section, sounds pretty hot. :D

Leela voiced by Katey Segal mostly known as Peg from Married With Children. Unfortunately when I hear Leela I think of Peg Bundy and she doesn't do a whole lot for me. Still the idea of a hot cyclops mutant from the future with a body like that is pretty appealing.

Luckily, I never watched Married with Children. I was just getting Leela and Lena all mixed up in my head.
Having just finished the 6th Harry Potter, I would add Ginny Weasley to my list if she just 10 years older - and Tonks sounds like the kind of girl I would definitely be interested in.

Yeah Okay.

When I was younger I I have to admit that I wish I was Tanis Half Elven from the Dragonlance books. Both Kitara and Laurana were extremely hot in my mind!

Oh yeah! I think it was the Weiss and Hickman book called Elven Star there was an elf chick with big purple eyes that lounged around hedonistically. She seemed kinda hot.

ions said:
Leela voiced by Katey Segal mostly known as Peg from Married With Children. Unfortunately when I hear Leela I think of Peg Bundy and she doesn't do a whole lot for me. Still the idea of a hot cyclops mutant from the future with a body like that is pretty appealing.

I actually get the exact same feeling when i see futurama. She looks better as a cyclops.

But i cant say that ive ever had a crush on a character from a book. Movies are a different matter.

Honeybee said:
Mine are Arutha con Doin from The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E Feist
Ha! I read this thread just so that I could post Arutha!! Probably my first 'book' crush, and I would have been, oh... 14 I guess
When he 'died' in Silverthorn I nearly cried (very rare for a book to do that to me!). It's the only time I have ever flipped forward through a book to see if he was really dead

funes said:
Luckily, I never watched Married with Children. I was just getting Leela and Lena all mixed up in my head.
Having just finished the 6th Harry Potter, I would add Ginny Weasley to my list if she just 10 years older - and Tonks sounds like the kind of girl I would definitely be interested in.

luckily i did , i love that show

Never mind the fictional characters...

I think I'm in love with Jonathan Franzen. He has an essay in the New Yorker this month. It's about bird watching, I think ... sometimes it's kinda hard to tell with Franzen.

:eek:

My wife has a crush on a fictional character named Nymphadora. I think I'll worry.

(Me? I had a crush on Trillian.)

Patricia Wynant "Peewee" Reisfield, "Have Space Suit, Will Travel" by Robert Heinlein. Of course, that was many years ago, I'm much older now, I got over her a LONG time ago.

:peewee looks up from her cup of coffee and smirks. "No, you didn't.":

Age of Innocence

May Welland in Age of Innocence. And not just because Winona Ryder starred in the movie version. She innocent, but not that innocent (the character not the actress).

Jamie Frasier - yes indeedy. I can just see him now sporting his kilt standing tall in windswept Scotland. Then there's the arrogant but oh so yummy Mr Darcy. And Jondalar from Jean Auel's novels.

francesca said:
Mr Rochester

I wonder, would you be a true as Jane was at the climax of the book upon finding out he was without his sight and had only a stump for a right hand?

Funnily enough I was wondering only yesterday if I'm the only person that this still happens to! I've really got a thing about women in novels set around the Victorian era. Especially 'Elizabeth Bennet' from Pride and Prejudice.

Among other things I find it really attractive how they articulate their speech.

Breaca said:
Jamie Frasier - yes indeedy. I can just see him now sporting his kilt standing tall in windswept Scotland.... And Jondalar from Jean Auel's novels.
Ditto :D My current fictional love is Jamie Fraser (obviously because I'm reading Cross Stitch / Outlander at the moment), but when I was reading the Earth's Children novels, I felt a bit of a spark between ol' Jondalar and I ;) :p

MonkeyCatcher

MonkeyCatcher said:
Ditto :D My current fictional love is Jamie Fraser (obviously because I'm reading Cross Stitch / Outlander at the moment), but when I was reading the Earth's Children novels, I felt a bit of a spark between ol' Jondalar and I ;) :p

MonkeyCatcher

Jamie Fraser seems to be the popular choice, I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

Father Ralph De Bricassart from the Thorn Birds
Angel Clare from Tess of the D'Urbevilles
and

of course, Heathcliffe

Back