• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Crushes on fictional characters

Jemima Aslana said:
Hettar from The Belgariad
Silk from same.
Oh my! How did I forget Hettar?!?! "Softly spoken" Hettar, that is. Yes, he was definately another one.

I'll fight you for him and Arutha, Jemima!

arutha is a bit to boring for me, he is always the better man :) and hettar is a bit too bloodthirsty for my liking ;) No Matt is really my number one *sigh*...

Arutha? Boring? In Magician? No. I may change my views come later books, but right now, Arutha is definitely worth my attentions :p It's Lyam I find boring, and a mite stiff in his honour-code. Blah, nobles. I like Arutha's more shrewd approach to things hehe

And as for Hettar being bloodthirsty? That's exactly what I like about him :D That and the way his outfit was described hehehe

Yes - Liam's the boring one. I loved Arutha in both Magician and Silverthorn. I didn't read more than the Magician trilogy, because when the characters aged in the Prince of the Blood etc books I just couldn't think of them as being older... Don't even think about reading the following until you've read Silverthorn, Jemima!!
and I didn't like to think of a greying Arutha!!

Jemima Aslana said:
And as for Hettar being bloodthirsty? That's exactly what I like about him :D That and the way his outfit was described hehehe
Outfit? What outfit was that? *sits back with giddy smile and imagines* I'm sure it involved leather...

Oh yes, black leather..... *drools*

As for that spoiler, I generally don't mind spoilers, and that wasn't one at all. It's to be expected and I can easily imagine that it'd lend him this distinguished possibly even more shrewd look :D I may be weird, but sometimes men with greying hair can still be incredibly sexy :p I know I can mention a few lol

StillILearn said:
God help me -- it really was Peter Pan.

:D I'm so glad I'm not alone. When I was little I always dreamed I was off adventuring with Peter Pan and the Lost boys. Oh, what I would have given to be Wendy.

Mr Darcy is not too bad either. And I have to admit to always being in love with Legolas, even before the movies came out.

Nah, Tolkien's characters weren't rounded enough for me to actually develop crushes on them - the movies on the other hand could handle that with looks alone... ohhhh Elrond

*cough*

Right, back on topic. I'll agree about Mr. Darcy, he always sounded like the perfect gentleman but still sufficiently private and withdrawn to be exactly my type. (Of course Colin Firth did nothing to destroy my illusion hehe)

Mr. Darcy
Rhett Butler
Lestat
Alexander the Great( i had a crush on him while reading his biography)
Kira from the manga Angel Sanctuary
and Lord Byron, even though he is an author and i probably shouldn't mention him in this thread but i've had a crush on him ever since i read the first poem.

when i was young, it was hans brinker (hans brinker or the silver skates by spyri). when i was in high school, jason bourne was totally my crush

WoundedThorns said:
that reminds me of all the girls i knew over time that had a crush on harry potter or a manga character
You say that like having a crush on a manga character is a bad thing!
My crush is on Professor Lupin...

Back