• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cryptonomicon

Ell

Finally finished this and it was well worth it.

It had been sitting on my bookshelf for ages and I kept putting it off because of its sheer size. Yes, it did take a while to read (I compare it to my experience with War and Peace) and I took small breaks reading other books, but the characters were so quirky and downright funny that I always got back to it.

Martin, it's not as intimidating as it first appears. I think you'd enjoy the humour! :D :cool:

ps. Will try to submit a review when I get a chance.

Thanks, Ell.

I'll be sure to check it out in the not so distant future. Is it as good as everybody says it is?

Cheers, Martin :D

Ell,

I've just read your review on 'Cryptonomicon'. What a fantastic review. Now I'll be absolutely sure to pick it up in the near future. I have the same problem as you, it's been on my shelf for ages, but the lighter books always get to go first.

I hope your review has cured me of this. Thanks!

Cheers, Martin :D

I just finished Cryptonomicon a few days ago, and it was, quite surprisingly, the best book I have ever, ever read.

Seriously.

I wrote a review earlier today, which you can read here, but it's a rather short review (my inspiration was hiding from me), so I'll be editing it over time.

Fantastic book!

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Martin said:
I just finished Cryptonomicon a few days ago, and it was, quite surprisingly, the best book I have ever, ever read.

Seriously.

I wrote a review earlier today, which you can read here, but it's a rather short review (my inspiration was hiding from me), so I'll be editing it over time.

Fantastic book!

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif
Sounds intriguing. I will most certainly have to add this to my ever growing TBR list. :)

Tig, please read Ell's review also, located here. It's a much better and more comprehensive review than mine.

This book is utterly breathtaking!

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Martin said:
Tig, please read Ell's review also, located here. It's a much better and more comprehensive review than mine.

This book is utterly breathtaking!

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif
Thanks! And it's on my list now. :)

I bought it secondhand, because I liked how it looked - big, black, ominous looking hardback, with cryptic symbols on the cover ...

By the way, secondhand, in Holland, 10 euro's.

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Don't fancy it myself, but if anybody is interested Cryptonomicon is going for £0.99 on Ebay right now Ebay link ( NOTE: this is Ebay UK )

Regards
SillyWabbit

Back