• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
hobitten said:
Ell, have you tried getting hold of the film adaption of Tin Drum? It might help you. It is worth it. Believe me... :)

Hobitten :)

Oh I forgot...

I am reading The Da Vinci Code, at the moment. Quite out of breath, actually! :eek: :eek:

Next on my list to read is Silmarillion, by Tolkien.

Hobitten

Hobitten, thanks for the suggestion re: Tin Drum. It's still on my nightstand - just at the bottom of the pile!

Ell

currently reading... The Heavenly Man by Bro. Yun. It's a true story about this Chinese preacher. I haven't finished it, so i wouldn't be able to recommend it yet. :p but they say it's very touching.

hobitten said:
Next on my list to read is Silmarillion, by Tolkien.

I wish you luck!!

I too have just completed the Da Vinci Code, now moving onto The Tower Menagerie (non-fic).

Phil

Just finished Artemis Fowl - he was kindof irritating. Sure he was only 12, but he was a bit too arrogant....I'll probably read another in the series just because the story was interesting, and to see if Artemis improves in time.

Now reading Small Gods by Terry Pratchett (yes, I'm back to Pratchett again ). :D

Currently reading Blood of the Fold by T.Goodkind and re-reading the Wheel of Time in english, previous time was in swedish :)

bobbyburns said:
I like swedish fish.
Hey, bobby.

Appreciate the gusto of your many cryptic posts/threads - but how 'bout trying to stay kinda on-topic?

Ell :)

Currently reading, eh? Well, I went and was my usual self, starting books here and there and then picking up other ones, so I'm currently "reading" 5 books, without doing any actual reading, you know?

And Ell, you're the nicest moderator this gal's ever seen. ;)

Well, I finished if on a winter's night a traveller this morning - excellent look at books from the Reader's point of view.

Have now started Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami. Seems promising thus far...

Last night I finished Twisted by Jeffery Deaver. A collection of his short stories that I wouldn't recommend. I milked it out longer than I should have because I was expecting a few books by mail at any time and wanted to fall right in to the next one.
Sure enough, both The Tomb by F.Paul Wilson and The Anibus Gates by Tim Powers arrived yesterday so I had to make a choice. I went with The Tomb but hope to get to the Powers book soon.

RaVeN

Was stuck at the office for a bit and the only thing I had with me was an "inspirational romance", as I buy these through the mail for my mom. For those of you not familiar with this development, it's a romance with no sex, and everyone talks about God a lot. She loves them. Next time, I'll just scrounge a newspaper or something. Bleah.

Last night I was reading Idylls of the King, as I was in the bath and didn't want to read any book that it would pain me to drop in the water accidently (it's a 50 cent garage sale special). The language is so beautiful, but I like it best when I read it aloud, so can't go carting it around in public.

Tonight I think I'll finally get to read Jenna's books. Must get a better ebook reader, though, the laptop is quite ungainly.

After watching the I, Robot movie trailer and being totally incensed - decided to re-read the book last night. I'm about half-way through and still can't see anything that resembles the Will Smith movie! Maybe I'm wrong and it's in the second half! :rolleyes:

Ell

I believe the film is (going to be) loosely based on the book. The key-word here is 'loosely', which, when it comes right down to it, means that it essentially has nothing to do with the book, apart from the title.

Cheers, Martin :D

I'm currently reading Eureka Street by Robert McLiam Wilson.

Oh and Cod: Biography of a Swedish Fish That Changed The World by Mark Kurlansky. See you don't need to be President of the US of A to change the world. Although, it probably does help. Unless your a cod. Especially a Swedish one.

Irish History

I am reading "The Course of Irish History" and I am really enjoying it. It is more like a text book, but that is fine with me. I only enjoy reading if I am learning something new from it...thus I usually only read biographies or books based on history. This book is wonderful, though. It is easy to follow and provides very thorough information. It follows Irish history from ancient times right up to the present. The book is divided into chapters for each major period of history, each spanning about 12 pages. It helps me read it more efficiently because I can focus on one chapter at a time without having too much material ahead of me...I usually read quite slow. I began reading the Irish history books for two reasons. First, I am 2nd generation Irish-American with the majority of my family still living in Ireland...so I had a personal interest in exploring the history more. Also, I will begin working on my 2nd book for middle readers soon. This will be the first in a trilogy of stories based on the Irish Potato Famine (Great Hunger) and emigration to the United States. Before I write it, though, I have to research it so my info is on the up-and-up. =)

I highly recommend "The Course of Irish History" to anyone looking to learn more about this land, her people, or their culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back