• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
hay82 said:
I just read your post, so no.

Currently reading A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare. Its something I wouldn't have thought I would be reading, but I am and I really like it. Not really understanding it all yet.

Like Shakespeare very much! I have Midsummer on my bookshelf to read :)

Rogue said:
So how was it?
It actually quite facinating but it seemed to me that it would be more usefull if I where writing about a battle or where studying battles.
Some of the things in the book seems quite logical but was probably quite revolutionary at the time but still many of the things can be applied to modern warfare.

I am currently reading The Chess Garden by Brooks Hansen. Very interesting, not about chess per se, but chess (and other games) are more like characters in the story.

Rogue said:
The Prince - Niccolo Machiavelli

Pretty cool.

Am I the only one reading...

Hey Rogue,

I think of The Prince as the prototypical "How to Win Friends and Influence People." So many many good lessons in Machiavelli. I never understand why "Machiavellian" is meant to be disparaging. To me, it means you understand people.

Be kind to the vanquished, for they are future taxpayers.

Forgot to mention... reading Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. Really enjoying it a lot at the moment and I got another book by same author :)

Just reading the last few pages of Michael Moore's "Dude, Where's My Country."
I've always thought Blair's mate Dubya was a bit dodgy. Now I'm really worried.
Oprah for President? She'd get my vote over the present options.

Read half of "Thief of always" by Clive Barker. Interested in this author after "Abarat" ...
And this first book i read in english, to practice ... language, but definetly not the last one.
Books on native language better, than translated one.

I just started....

to read "Downsize This" by Michael Moore, after i recently finished "David Copperfield" by Charles Dickens and "The Tempest" by William Shakespeare.

A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole - Assigned by the School

The book doesn't interest me very much, but atleast I only have one hundred pages left.

I'm reading a book by Haruki Murakami. I have the dutch title and the japanese title, no idea what the english title would be..:) Dutch title is 'Ten zuiden van de grens' and the direct translation would be: 'South of the border'.

hey i just finished Lakehouse and high five!! and now i'm reading The DaVinci Code and English as a second language!!
just for the record!!

I'm starting to read Ella Minnow Pea this evening. It's been on my wish list forever and I finally gave in and bought it this afternoon.

The Burglar who Liked to Quote Kipling by, yes, you guessed it, Lawrence Block!

I am plugging him, I really am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back