• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

kickbox
I thought people could post up what book they are reading at the moment.

At the moment I am reading M.K. Gandhi - An Autobiography.

Have just finished "Here on Earth" by Alice Hoffman. It's the 4th Hoffman I've read and possibly the best. Based quite obviously on Wuthering Heights....A very enjoyable read!

Misbehaving by Sarah Harvey. It is freebie from magazine couple of years ago and it stays on my bookcase!!

I just finished Friday by Robert A. Heinlein and just started The Legend That Was Earth by James P. Hogan.

I've just started reading Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie and it's turning out to be really, really, really good.

And, for anyone who is or has read Michael Crichton's new book already--how is it??? Is it as good as Timeline, better, or worse?

The Pillars of Creation by Terry Goodkind. Can't wait to hear what you think about Prey , Darren.

Just finished "Colour of Magic" by Terry Pratchett - my first Pratchett novel.

Almost finished "A Man in Full" by Tom Wolfe.

Also reading:
"The Sacred Balance: Rediscovering Our Place in Nature" by David Suzuki
"Captain Corelli's Mandolin" by Louis de Bernieres
"Far Horizons" - ed. Robert Silverberg (this is a collection of stories by various sci fi and fantasy authors - eg. Le Guin, Dan Simmons, Orson Scott Card, Anne McCaffrey, etc.)
"The Empty Cafe" by Michael Hoffman

Just finished "The Bone Collector" now reading the chapter summaries of the first nine books of The Wheel of Time in preparation for the Crossroads Of Twilight which gets released tomorrow. Anyone else excited by this release?

Mike

Yes! I've also been reading chapter summaries to prepare. Even so, I'm afraid I won't remember who's who and who's doing what where.

I'm just starting Crossroads of Twilight....I'm looking forward to it a great deal.And its great to see that theres people in countries like Canada,that get to read the worlds greatest author....Terry Pratchett

I'm just finishing The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester and K is for Killer by Sue Grafton. I'm not sure what is next.

finishing up a graphic novel (sandman series IX by neil gaiman) and starting on Art and Lies by Jeanette Winterson

I'm reading "Dogs Bark, but the Caravan Rolls On: Observations Then and Now" by Frank Conroy, which is a collection of essays and "Child of my Heart" by Alice McDermott. I almost put the McDermott down because I smell tear-jerker and am not in that kind of mood, but she's doing a reading here next week, so I'm back to it.

I am now reading; The Once and Future King, by.. T S White... isn't it. Sorry can't check, trapped under baby!

peace

Now I know what next; Simon Singh's The Code Book and John Bellairs The Letter, the Witch, and the Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back