• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catch 22 by Joseph Heller.
I am really enjoying this book, I really like the humor in it and the somewhat strange characters in the book. Just wish I had more time to read in it.

In honor of President's Day (February 21, USA), I'm reading Who's Buried in Grant's Tomb? A Tour of Presidential Gravesites by Brian Lamb. An interesting aspect of the book is the inclusion of the Presidents' last words, if they are known. I, too, would like to visit every President's gravesite, if possible one day. But just in case I can't, I'm reading this book since it appears to be the next best thing to actually being there.

The Life of Pi

At last - the library came through with a reserved copy. (It's on the high school reading list so hard to obtain). Read this while cruising on the Caribbean. Surreal! The surfeit of marvellous food contrasted so well with the accounts of Pi's diet! Loved this book, of course - absorbed as much as read. Now reading In the Skin of a Lion by Michael Ondaatje. Find the prose of poets usually a joy to read. This is a great story with really well drawn characters.

The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

This an awesome read. It is beautifully wirtten and I was engrossed in the plot from the very first sentence. I am about halfwya through and I don't want this book ever toend. This is without a doubt a classic. Brilliant. Fabulous. Im sorry but my book is calling me and I must read it! "Im coming book! Hang on a minute!" *runs off*

Shael Crowtalon said:
This an awesome read. It is beautifully wirtten and I was engrossed in the plot from the very first sentence. I am about halfwya through and I don't want this book ever toend. This is without a doubt a classic. Brilliant. Fabulous. Im sorry but my book is calling me and I must read it! "Im coming book! Hang on a minute!" *runs off*

View attachment atinypic_com_1t0awk

Not read it yet!
I have it on my to be read Que! :eek:
Looking forward to reading it...
Was on TV Book club here, had Great feedback.​

Shael Crowtalon said:
Trust me! You cannot go wrong with this book!

The Shadow of the Wind

My Sister is reading that...and also said how good it is...mmmm perhaps I will borrow :)

I loved 'The Shadow of the Wind', too. I read it last year. For me it was one of those books you pick up and can't turn down until you're finished. Although I liked the first half of the book better than the second..

I just started a book by Italo Calvino. The german title is: Die unsichtbaren Städte (The invisible cities?)

Besides, I'm reading 'Ghostwritten' by David Mitchell, but the hardcover edition I've got is too heavy to take it everywhere around so it's going rather slowly.. :rolleyes:

Rigana said:
I loved 'The Shadow of the Wind', too. I read it last year. For me it was one of those books you pick up and can't turn down until you're finished. Although I liked the first half of the book better than the second..
I SOOO agree!
I didn't like the ending much, and I was expecting much more, therefore I was a little dissapointed, since the first half was superb.

I've been reading The Illuminatus Trilogy for some 2 weeks now. It's a reread, but it's still an utterly fascinating book.

Cheers

A great book to read

Platform by Michel Houellebecq. Fantastic book! I truly recommend you to read it. I read it last week and I'm still recovering from its impact... The author is so innovative in the themes he touches... well, you've got to read it to find out.

I'm reading Doomed Queen Anne by Carolyn Meyer. It's about Anne Boleyn. Next up is Mary, Bloody Mary by the same author. I'm on a historical kick lately.

I'm reading:

The Language of Stones by Robert Carter.

It's based around historical events such as the Wars of the Roses and ancient British legends, but with a twist, as an ancient prophecy foretells the return of King Arthur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back