• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

It's the second Pratchett book i'm reading, the first one was "The Colour of Magic". But it's been a while since i read that, which means i read several other books between these two Pratchett books ;)

positive10.1.jpg

no, really!!

The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams. The plot is quite peculiar, really...but it is overally a good play! :)

glassmenagerie2.jpg

Aww--C'est romantique! :p

Half way through 'Wind up bird chronical' by Haruki Murakami, first time reading this author. Enjoying it so far, will read more, haven't made up my mind which one yet.

cabrasopa said:
Half way through 'Wind up bird chronical' by Haruki Murakami, first time reading this author. Enjoying it so far, will read more, haven't made up my mind which one yet.
They're all great, but I have a special place in my heart for "Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World" if you're into new ideas and technology, questions about identity (how we know who we are), and strange symbolism (like being bereft of one's shadow).

Last night I started "The Hole" by Guy Burt which follows five (or six? We're not sure yet) high school students into a hidden/forgotten basement at their school while the rest of the school's away on a field trip. Something bad is going to happen...

i just started Neuromancer (Gibson). It's interesting and i'm enjoying it, although some of the futuristic slang is difficult to understand.

I have just finished reading The Shadow of the Wind and I now reading two books;
The Austere Academy ~ Lemony Snicket
Milkweed ~ Jerry Spinelli

Has anybody heard read Milkweed?

In between reading for an exam, I'm reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig, which I'm quite enjoying.

Has anyone ever heard of?

hi everyone!

It's so nice to be part of a forum where I'm not the only one who reads like a zillion books a week! :p

I am reading a book by an author I have never heard of before. R.H. Stavis. I bought this book Daniel's Veil on Amazon and got it yesterday. So far it's really great! It's kind of spooky, but not a horror exactly... Anyway, I'll tell you what I think when I'm done.

Goodbye, Jimmy Choo by Annie Sanders, a great chic lit for those who like that type of book. Then moving on to a Marian Keyes book I had bought for me - anyone read her stuff before??

Just started on the second book of the Saga of Seven Suns series by Kevin J. Anderson, A Forest of Stars. The library director that I work for suggested them to me.. not too shabby so far.

i just started Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko. I am entranced in the writing. Every sentence has incredible meaning. I don't even know how to begin to inerpret it. It's too powerful to separate into parts, to dig my fingers into it and mash the juicy pulp. Is it doing an injustice to the writer of a great novel not to scrape all the metaphors and meaning out of it? I always feel like I've let a writer down when I don't, but suddenly I'm not so sure. I am forced to feel things, but I worry that those feelings will be diminished and not enhanced or validated by analyzing them.

I decided to read one more novel before working on the 1000-page Chemistry textbook that I bought. And the novel is the famous Crime and Punishment one!!! I have to say I'm being fascinated by it as I read! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back