• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cute and cuddly technology

It isn't April 1st is it?

Why a squirrel?

Bonkers, pure bonkers...I don't even understand the reasoning behind it. Dressing up technology to make it more friendly, less stressful? Huge amounts of stress on holiday caused by the mobile phone? Leave it at home then..Once upon a time we were all satisfied with sending a postcard, or ringing home once to say our plane didn't crash and the hotel isn't infested with cockroaches.Now Ive noticed the people who come and stay with us are receiving text messages all day, I have to supply adaptors for phone chargers, give instructions on international dialling codes just in case they get lost on the way to the beach......leave the bloody things at home :rolleyes:

Phone squirrel? That's not bonkers! It's... nuts :D

I agree with you, leave the phone alone. For years I avoided getting a mobile but finally caved in to the bloody things. Now I have one and it's so useful for hooking up with friends. Now I don't know how I got along without it. However, I only ever use it for that kind of thing. I still find them intrusive. Generally if I am out I don't want to answer the phone. The only time I take it with me is if I am meeting up with somebody. I'm taking it on holiday with me but only so I can use it to call for a taxi or in case an emergency crops up :)

Wabbit said:
Phone squirrel? That's not bonkers! It's... nuts :D

I agree with you, leave the phone alone. For years I avoided getting a mobile but finally caved in to the bloody things. Now I have one and it's so useful for hooking up with friends. Now I don't know how I got along without it. However, I only ever use it for that kind of thing. I still find them intrusive. Generally if I am out I don't want to answer the phone. The only time I take it with me is if I am meeting up with somebody. I'm taking it on holiday with me but only so I can use it to call for a taxi or in case an emergency crops up :)

yes, I'm just being a bit of a luddite here, they are great for emergencies, especially useful if the car breaks down, etc. Ive just got a bit of a thang about them, its just me. I do have one, but rarely use it. It takes pretty good pictures too, although I've yet to discover where some of them have gone!

I do understand. I'm the same way. There are a lot of times that i DONT WANT TO BE CONTACTED!!! I don't want to be walking around an art gallary or strolling through a beautiful park and have my phone start ringing or get a text message.

I do have a mobile but i very rarely use it maybe the odd text message,but i never take it out with me! The kids use it more!

Back