• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

damned microsoft

linux.jpg

Thx

mr_michel said:
since no mod has pm, i guess probably i forgot to hit the submit button, so im going to post it again

i have no experience in linux, but some guys in another forum were talking a lot about this: slax
its a linux bootable cd, which you can download, burn, and then run linux from the cd without installing it in your computer.
(o thats what i understand)

That sounds really interesting. I might give it a go. Always considered running Linux but couldn't be bothered to commit to uninstall windows and re-install everything under linux. :eek: I will check the link out :)

Putting on my Moderator hat. Oh dear, must be sensible for a moment :D Ahem... I don't think anybody deleted your posting. I guess, as you say, you just forgot to hit delete or something. Either that or there was some hicup with the site :)

Rogue said:
My lovely little word just crashed and failed to save anything I did in the last 50 minutes. I hate microsoft.
So that was the last chance. I going to install linux as soon as I've figured out how to do it.

So what version should I get? SUSE?

I've kinda two harddrives with 10GB each. Can I run linux on one and windows on the other till I figured out enough to cope with linux?

Can I run progams like winamp on linux? (NO?)
Well they never said computers would be easy.

mr_michel said:
of course it was evil, after all linux logo its a penguin :eek:
Tux is cute!
mr_michel said:
its a linux bootable cd, which you can download, burn, and then run linux from the cd without installing it in your computer.
(o thats what i understand)
Isn't Knoppix something similar? I think I read something about it in a Linux Magazine.

Back