• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown: Digital Fortress

Just finished reading Digital Fortress. What a piece of junk!

The plot is average, but very predicatable and transparent. The character development is non-existant and the writing style is patronising.

The ending is very weak and I too found myself shouting the answer out pages before the so called "experts" at the NSA worked it out!

I've now read three out of four of Dan Brown's novels. Angels and Demons was my favourite of the three, followed by DVC, and then Digital Fortress.

I don't think I'm going to bother with Deception Point unless I get it for a few pence in a Library sale.

Just finished reading Digital Fortress. What a piece of junk!

The plot is average, but very predicatable and transparent. The character development is non-existant and the writing style is patronising.

The ending is very weak and I too found myself shouting the answer out pages before the so called "experts" at the NSA worked it out!

I've now read three out of four of Dan Brown's novels. Angels and Demons was my favourite of the three, followed by DVC, and then Digital Fortress.

I don't think I'm going to bother with Deception Point unless I get it for a few pence in a Library sale.

I coulden't agree more with you than I do on your view on Digital Fortress.

I read it about a year ago and I was really disappointed because I expected better writting from Dan Brown after reading The Da Vinci Code, which is still my favorite book by him.

Was he bored when he wrote this novel??

Or is he trying on a new style??

Because it doesn't fit him, sorry but it doesn't.

I've also read three out of four Dan Brown novels and DVC is on the first place followed by Angels and Demons and lastly Digital Fortress.

I don't know if og when I will read the last book by him, it depends on my mood and on whether I want to be disappointed again

I first read The Da Vinci Code in the wave of all the publicity it got, and I liked it, so I read Angels & Demons too, and I liked it much more! But I like all that controversial stuff about alternative religion and things like this. Digital Fortress is just a time killer, but I didn't like at all Deception Point, it was so boooooring!!!!

When did Christianity and/or Catholocism become alternative?

I have read all of Dan Brown's book and plan to read his next book whenever it is supposed to come out. He was my favorite author until I discovered Crichton and Grisham.

But back to Brown,

What I like about Brown's books is that they do talk about very current events. In the last two years the NSA has now be accused of wire tapping us which is pretty much the same topic digital fortress is about. And it wouldn't shock me a bit if they had a machine like Digital Fortress.

I like Dan Brown's books for the topics they cover and that's really it.

I actually don't dislike the topics either... but that writing, my God! It gets boring, repetitive, the characters are insipid, the base is always the same (single man, single woman - who usually looses someone of the family somewhere along the story - find something, try to discover what's going on and run away from the bad guys, end with big explosion or similar), with some serious mistakes in the middle. So, all you have to do is change the topic and the name of the characters and there you are, your own Dan Brown book.

Digital Fortress was the last one I read of him and it is really, really bad. I would never recommend it to anyone I know - not even to my enemies. It only had one good thing: it made me promise never to read any of his books again.

Dharma

I have attempted all 4 of his novels, succeeding with only 3. The Da Vinci Code was a great read, same with Angels and Demons, and I actually enjoyed Digital Fortress quite a bit. Deception Point, however, was akin to staring deeply at an abstract painting to find a meaning, only to end up with a massive headache and no where closer to making any sense out of what exactly you're looking at.

Haven't read Digital Fortress and will not be reading it unless all the other books on earth suddenly disappear. Da Vinci Code was disappointing and Deception Point was the most predicatble book I've ever read, the ending was so obvious. Truly awful.

Digital Fortress is total disappointment to me. because it so easy to know the ultimate code.

A school student can tell the difference between uranium 238 and U 235, and Ensei Tankado had also shown his three crippled fingers yet the whole team of the cryptographers made so much fuss.

I loved Angels and Demons, but everything I read after that was a waste of time. They all follow the same formula, and it becomes very boring when you can predict everything that is going to happen. I don't understand how The DaVinci Code became so popular, honestly.

I've read all 4 books, and I started by loving The Da Vinci Code, really liking Angels and Demons, enjoying Deception Point and finding Digital Fortress more of the same. His books are starting to all look the same, and you can pretty much figure out the story now... The novelty factor is gone...

Unless he changes his book formula, I think I'll be able to guess the plot of his next book just by knowing what it is about (I'm guessing it wont be church, NASA or NSA...)

Oh, and I also shouted: "3, it's 3, you morons. For the love of god, 3!!!":eek:

The only Brown book that I've actually read was Deception Point, and I *thoroughly* enjoyed it. I really, really liked it. It was one of the best books I read all year, in my opinion.

Hmmmmm. :eek:

I've read The Da Vinci Code, and Deception Point, i thought they were good, but nothing to be amazed about.

I've read The Da Vinci Code, and Deception Point, i thought they were good, but nothing to be amazed about.

Perhaps I should "tone down" my assessment of Deception Point from above. I didn't find it "amazing" either - but I really liked it.

Back