• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown: Digital Fortress

spikeyli

I just finished reading it, I enjoyed it (not as much as the Da Vinci Code or Angels and Demons) until the very end. I felt the ending was sloppy and way too predictable. At one point I almost scream at the book "it's 3 you dumb asses!" It's the same type of frustration you get when you watch a crappy movie and the woman always runs into the house up the stairs when chased by an axe murderer.

I am terribly disappointed, the book had potential. Hopefully Deception Point is better.

I just read Deception Point. Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons are better. Digital Fortress is sitting on my desk waiting to be read. We should swap notes when I'm done.

Deception Point annoyed me. It involves NASA, geology, and geophysics as big topics..which hit home with me since my bachelors degree is in geology and geophysics..and I currently work at NASA. But..it was ok. Typical Brown..suck you in and spit you out at the end.

I read Digital Foretress and enjoyed it. less that I enjoyed the other 2 books of Dan ..

About Deception point, I read only like 50 pages and gave up. I'll try giving it another chance and see how it turns out

I stared to read Digital Fortress a while back, but gave up after the first chapter!

I'd already read "The Da Vinici Code" and "Angles and Demons" (both of which I enjoyed as easy-reading fiction), but I found Digital Fortress a bit too much. The opening chapter is so similar in style to The Da Vinici Code - it's like he had the same formula but just changed the character and location.

It's still sitting on my shelf so I may give it another go one day.

I've not even read the Da Vinci Code to know it's full of factual errors and terribly badly researched. To think this Digital Fortress could be worse is actually quite distressing.

I read all four of Dan Browns books and enjoyed them all because of the fast paced stories. I took them as fiction so having some of the facts wrong didn't bother me. The stories were interesting.
When I read a story in the local newspaper and it is an event I know about, they tend to get some of the facts wrong also...and it isn't suppose to be fiction. I would rather have them do a little more research.
Mike

I've not even read the Da Vinci Code to know it's full of factual errors and terribly badly researched. To think this Digital Fortress could be worse is actually quite distressing.

For some reason I read Digital Fortress. This was after I read The Da Vinci Code. I'm not entirely sure what possessed me. It was baaaaad. Almost as bad as Crichton's State of Fear. For me, that is the ultimate insult.

I read all four of Dan Browns books and enjoyed them all because of the fast paced stories. I took them as fiction so having some of the facts wrong didn't bother me. The stories were interesting.
When I read a story in the local newspaper and it is an event I know about, they tend to get some of the facts wrong also...and it isn't suppose to be fiction. I would rather have them do a little more research.
Mike

Dan Brown writes for your local newspaper?:confused:

I first read 'The da vinci code' a few years back on holiday and finished it in a few days, i thought it was great at the time. Since then I've read Angel's and Demons and Deception Point. Both were particularly OTT, find a clue to find a clue to find a clue to a farcical ending. I've had my fill of Dan Brown now, I have no desire to read any of his other books or any future ones.

While I'm on a rant, I'd like to thank my local Waterstones for collecting together all Dan Brown 'clones' (there seem to be millions of them now, all better than..., more clever than..., more believerble than... etc) in to one handy display area. I can now avoid them all with ease.

I first read 'The da vinci code' a few years back on holiday and finished it in a few days, i thought it was great at the time. Since then I've read Angel's and Demons and Deception Point. Both were particularly OTT, find a clue to find a clue to find a clue to a farcical ending. I've had my fill of Dan Brown now, I have no desire to read any of his other books or any future ones.

While I'm on a rant, I'd like to thank my local Waterstones for collecting together all Dan Brown 'clones' (there seem to be millions of them now, all better than..., more clever than..., more believerble than... etc) in to one handy display area. I can now avoid them all with ease.

I understand why you shop this way..but I'd be afraid I might miss some great little book that really IS much better than "he who needn't be named."

Deception Point annoyed me. It involves NASA, geology, and geophysics as big topics..which hit home with me since my bachelors degree is in geology and geophysics..and I currently work at NASA. But..it was ok. Typical Brown..suck you in and spit you out at the end.
Hehehe. Did Deception Point deceive you to a point of no return? (Ouch).

"What? There's no toilet on that floor in NASA!"
"The billion year old rock is not found on the floor in Antartica!"
"That geophysics joke is sooo unfunny!"

ds

I am done reading Dan Brown's books . I had read Angels and demons first and was not impressed with his style and story, like that guy jumps from a helicopter 800 m over Rome with a small piece of tarp for parachute and lands safely in the Tiber... reminded me too much of wily coyote chasing the roadrunner... Then I started reading the Da Vinci code because of all the hoopla around the book and gave up with about 60 pages left ; I have to say that I had read Holy blood ,holy grail in its entirety so I kind of knew the plot , but I won't read another of his books, as far as I am concerned it is a waste of time .

DA Vinci Code!!

Guys..i hv read all the four books..Think angels and demons is the best..
Perhaps ther's a tie-up b\w angels and demons and Da Vinci Code.
but i don't know y some of the guys give up reading juzz after forty fifty pages..all these books are worth reading..

I first read The Da Vinci Code in the wave of all the publicity it got, and I liked it, so I read Angels & Demons too, and I liked it much more! But I like all that controversial stuff about alternative religion and things like this. Digital Fortress is just a time killer, but I didn't like at all Deception Point, it was so boooooring!!!!

Brown is not worth my time. There are way too much good books out there. No more waisting my time/money on junk.

Back