• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Daniel Wallace: Big Fish: A Novel of Mythic Proportions

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
I saw this at a library sale year and since I enjoyed the movie, I decided to buy it.

Edward Bloom is on his deathbed while his son William struggles to learn who his father really was. All William's life, Edward told tall tales about himself and now through William's remembrance of these stories, he is able to take the bits of truth from each story and learn about his father.

This is one of those rare cases where I enjoyed the movie more than the book.

:star3:

Agreed. I read this a couple of years ago, and was quite underwhelmed - somehow it felt like Wallace came up with the basic story, but it took Burton to make something more of the story than just an old man talking about his life.

The only thing I can say that I got out of the book was two pretty good jokes I had not heard before.

I had to struggle to finish this one. Wallace's style didn't make much of an impression and I was just bored throughout. I only saw some of the movie, but that was more enjoyable than the entirety of Daniel Wallace's novel.

Thankfully it was short enough to read quickly. I don't think I could've endured it for long. I still think any book is better than a movie, though. I just like reading.

I should give this movie a chance I guess.

Back