• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

David Baldacci: Hour Game

rainmaker

Hi everyone,

So glad that I found this forum, since I've been searching high and low for an answer on the internet but haven't found one...

***SPOILER WARNING*** (even though this book is very old now)

Can anyone explain the ending to me? King and Michelle are eating at the diner after he meets with Eddie at the jail. Michelle wonders what was in Remmy's closet that she wanted back so desperately. King responds that they were old letters from a gentlemen aquaintance, a case of unrequited love because she was a married woman. Michelle wonders who that man was. They never specifically say.

I'm confused. Is King implying that HE was the one who wrote those letters to Remmy in the past?

Also, was it ever established who indeed broke into the Remmy and Battle's secret compartments in the closets and stole the stuff? I've flipped back through the book and can't seem to find it.

Utterly confused...hoping someone out there has read this and can help.

Hi everyone,

So glad that I found this forum, since I've been searching high and low for an answer on the internet but haven't found one...

***SPOILER WARNING*** (even though this book is very old now)

Can anyone explain the ending to me? King and Michelle are eating at the diner after he meets with Eddie at the jail. Michelle wonders what was in Remmy's closet that she wanted back so desperately. King responds that they were old letters from a gentlemen aquaintance, a case of unrequited love because she was a married woman. Michelle wonders who that man was. They never specifically say.

I'm confused. Is King implying that HE was the one who wrote those letters to Remmy in the past?

Also, was it ever established who indeed broke into the Remmy and Battle's secret compartments in the closets and stole the stuff? I've flipped back through the book and can't seem to find it.

Utterly confused...hoping someone out there has read this and can help.
Yep
I just finished this book. Years after your question
The letters were written by Sean King himself
It’s the only explanation for a) it’s inclusion b) Michelle’s exclamation… she knows him…and she cares…and their relationship allows him to tell her…so he did.
And there’s only one way King would know the letter writer did nothing wrong.
Since it was unrequited evidently Remmy wrote King handwritten letters expressing feelings. And King replied with the impossibility of himself having an affair with a married woman.

Back