• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

david cronenberg's 'naked lunch'

bobbyburns

based on william s. burroughs' novel, which I've never read. I just bought the criterion edition, which is terrific. it's not too often with a dvd that you get a nice set of liner notes. anyway, how close does it follow the book would you say? I've read junky, I swore there were scenes in the film lifted from it. it's been a while, though ...

I've got the book in my case. I tried to read it when I was younger - not long after seeing Naked Lunch - but I had to concede defeat. At that age I wasn't able to grasp his style and gave up after thirty pages. It seemed, for that duration anyway, to follow the introduction of the adaptation. But, to get the best out of the story, you are going to have to read the novel - it's very short - as there is so much (even in thirty pages) that has to be read to further enjoy the story.

Back