• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

December 2013: Jeff Lindsay: Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Great posts, Polly. Especially the use of the spectacularly accurate word: imbecile.
There is not a single better word to sum up the whole mess in all directions.
A bit effusive, am I? Yes, but it deserves it. :D

I would like to point out another major mistake, when Dexter goes and kills the guy at the construction site on a whim, he did not have gloves on when he printed the photos and only puts gloves on just before he kills the guy. Then he leaves the photos there and all the other things he brought with him (also handled without gloves) when the guard shows up. Why did the police not dust for prints? And if they did why didn't they find Dexter's?

I know, it's filled with mistakes like those.

I wanted to like this as it is a different approach to the usual crime thriller genre but it just disappoints. :(

I do like the series. Or should I say I like watching Michael C. Hall? :p

Is this the first documented case of a TV series being better than the book?

Thread for all things Dexter here.

This might have been a terrible book, but a successful BOTM LOL ... not quite in the way I hoped, but nonetheless a good discussion ... there is even a spin-off thread .... WOOHOO!

Let's hope January goes as well.

Is this the first documented case of a TV series being better than the book?

This might have been a terrible book, but a successful BOTM LOL

Controversy does do quite well in BOTM, or at least different points of view.

Controversy does do quite well in BOTM, or at least different points of view.

Indeed it does, in fact just forums in general depend on a bit of debate. You could say that it is the lifeblood of online social intercourse.

Indeed it does, in fact just forums in general depend on a bit of debate. You could say that it is the lifeblood of online social intercourse.
It really should be. Instead of just "I liked it" or "I didn't like it."

Back