• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Diane Setterfield: The Thirteenth Tale

I think that it would be harder to confess because then the implications of handling the truth of what you know is no longer yours alone to bear.

I think that it would be harder to confess because then the implications of handling the truth of what you know is no longer yours alone to bear.

I agree. Who knows what would happen to a secret once you've let the cat out of the bag. Much better to trust yourself.

Just finished it yeasterday and I have to say it was GREAT! I loved it! Hopefully more to come from ms. Setterfield!

I read this a while back. Very good, yes, and let's see what she comes up with next. It's a hard act to follow, as they say. Let's hope she doesn't do a Tartt: make us wait 10 years and publish a turkey.

I have picked up this book , then put it back down several times. Not sure if it's any good, but now with your posts maybe I will give it a chance.

Apparently, I'm the only one who didn't like this book :rolleyes:. I felt it was over-written , over-gothic and over-hyped .The characters didn't seem a bit original but rather a mixture of 19th century literature's characters. I was half way through it when I decided that I was ganna stop reading. It was an unpleasant read.

Back