• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Disappointment With Music List

they should have added the growth of rap music.

As well as the boy-band fad of the late 1990's. I also would have taken out #22, which describes that list perfectly in my opinion.

"28. The Disappearance of Independent Record Stores"
"45. Rootkits"

These are horrible things. Other things on the list I can't really agree with. I mean, braided goatees did not affect music. And I can't believe they took a stab at Jim Morrison! :eek:

All and all it was entertaining, although not very valid. What are really the worst things that have happened to music? I would say things such as censorship, capitalism, lipsyncing..to name a few I suppose.

A lot of the stuff on it was included in an attempt to be funny; they are not really the 50 worst things.
I would have included the strong arm tactics of the RIAA and radio play lists.

I got as far as non-fake lesbians and stopped reading. Seriously, does anyone find that funny?

Although I do agree with the hip-hop skits.

Rap is not all bad. Just that stupid 50 Cent gangsta rap crap that objectifies women and promotes violence.

There are plenty of truely talented rap artists out there, though.

Back