• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Discussion for Martin's Above you Thread

Can I get this translated into something I can understand :D

neg: fallen arches
pos: lays his meat and potatoes on the table

... :confused:

And why is the negative often the same as the positive, only negative? The same comment can mean both.... :p

hay82 said:
Can I get this translated into something I can understand :D

neg: fallen arches
pos: lays his meat and potatoes on the table

... :confused:

Oooh, sorry Hay. First, let me preface by saying this is lighthearted.

Fallen Arches = somewhat flat-footed
Meat & Spuds = straightforward

Interestingly, these comments can both be tied to McDonalds, which was not my intention!

Is that translation okay? :)

Hey Billy O. & Bobby B. please see Martin's "The person Above You" thread.

Your participation is greatly needed.

Thanx

Motokid said:

Thanx

LOL! That's one of the funniest things I've read all day! Zorro!! ;)

Motokid said:

Thanx

Oh look a fanboy, how sweet. :rolleyes:

Phil

SillyWabbit said:
I havent joined in not because im scared but i dont see the point of the thread and i dont like it.

I'm not interested in saying negative things about other people. I really have nothing negative to say anyway. Some people I like more than others but that's life. What is the point of saying something negative about somebody? and anyway, it all comes down to a point of view.

About saying something good? Why should I? I do like some people here very much and admire certain people but so? Again, its all a matter of opion.

And as for people saying good or bad about me, i simply dont care. I do what I like and live how I please. If people like me or the way i do things then good. If those people don't then ok. I simply don't care :)

For me, it's a waste of time.

I just wish you'd go somewhere else with all this. I find all your posts very irritating. (You said you didn't care).

And so I don't care :)

But what do you achieve by something something negative about me? It's not constructive at all. You are just saying you don't like me. Where is the point in this?????? Didn't your mother ever tell you if you can't say something nice then don't say it? :p

Each to their own. Maybe I will grow on you! :D Give me a hug!

SillyWabbit said:
And so I don't care :)

But what do you achieve by something something negative about me? It's not constructive at all. You are just saying you don't like me. Where is the point in this?????? Didn't your mother ever tell you if you can't say something nice then don't say it? :p

Each to their own. Maybe I will grow on you! :D Give me a hug!

At least I've got it off my chest now.Maybe I'll be able to get used to all your silly little comments as time goes by.

At least you didn't cry

*cries*

OH, well, glad you got that off your chest! Glad to be of service :cool: Maybe you can go through real life telling people you don't like them ;)

OK, that will work! We can chop them into little bits and keep the chunks in the freezer compartment :D

Back