• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Discussion: Rowling, J.K.: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Darren

So, have you got your copy yet? Did you go out to buy it at midnight?

In Edinburgh, fans were treated to an appearance by JK Rowling herself.

Please use the spoiler tag if you're going to want to discuss plot details, or better still, start a separate thread, with **spoilers** in the thread title.

My sister ordered two copies of amazon, they came at 7.00 am.

One was a late birthday present for me and the other one for a friend.

I have finished it. Excellent Story.

As good as if not better than Goblet.

I need time to fully digest it but Rowling has done a great job and it was worth the wait.

Mike

I've read it

I'm not gonna spoil anything but the book is great! I just finished it today and i really liked how it all turned out. Yes, someone does die and yes it's a semi-main character but let me assure you you'll be suprised. Some cool stuff happens to hagrid and you finally figure out why voldemort attacked harry. Overall it was great!

I agree that the ending was rather predictable, but that didn't spoil the fun for me... I didn't read this one as "feverishly" as the other four (the four of them in two days, whereas it took me two days to finish The Order of the Phoenix)

I was glad Harry finally stuck up for himself instead of just letting people walk right over him.

I think this is one of the few series that I still find fun to read after 5 books.

Harry V

Finished "Order" and just loved it, as I have the previous four. Very much hope it's not another three years until #6!!

I agree it seems that harry develops quite a temper in this one and does stand up for himself a lot more. It was agreat book and just like HPfanatic i hope it's not 3 yrs till the next one!

I HAVE JUST FINISHED IT!!! and now i am suffering major withdrawl symptoms, i really really love Harry Potter and i would love to read a book in a similar genre, if anyone knows of any good harry-potter-like-books for a 16 yr old then please, please reply to message this telling me! thanks,
sara*magic

Lol sara are you talking fantasy or like little wizards running around doing impossible things? A good fantasy series(although darker twards the end) would be Robert Jordan's The Wheel Of Time(first book The Eye of the World )Series. Also if your into sci fi there is the Ender series( First book Ender's Game) by Orson Scott Card which is good. Any of the previous series are wide known and sold in most book stores.
Btw, I'm 15 and have read all of the previous listed books so they should be ok for you.

We bought it at a super-market (my mum had heard that Tesco's was selling it 59p cheaper than anywhere else, (old skin-flint that she is.)) at 8:00 am the morning it came out.

I put it in the middle of my book-shelf ,the Place of Honor, (usally reserved for my Tolkiens') and resisted it lure all of 24 hours, at which point I broke down, and sneaked a peak at the front page...

2 days later I had finished it with barly a pause for sleep or food. That's how dedicated I am.
Bloomsbury should print a large warning sign on the front of the Harry Potters'.

"WARNING: COMMENCING TO START THIS BOOK MAY RESULT IN SLEEP DEPRIVEATION AND OTHER SERIOUS SYMPTOMS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK."

i know exactly how it feels to read the 5th book, well seeing as i have...
anyway, was anyone else as devastaed as me when i read who died?
I still cant over the fact that i finished the book, i have to wait however long it is to read the next one, my favorite character just died, and there are only 2 more books in the series.

Lol, i feel the same way... it's a kind of emptiness when you finish a good book and know you'll hafta wait a while for the next one.. or when you finish a great seires... I hate it. I'll miss the character who died as well... i liked him and his House and stuff :)

ok, good. so im not alone in this. i hope Rowling continues somehow with Harry Potter. I wonder what the chances of that are.

I wonder what Harry will go on to do after he leaves Hogwarts. I know he says he wants to be an Auror but I always hoped he'd go on to be a Quidditch player for England.

Do you think maybe after batterling the greatest Dark Wizard who ever lived for 7 years he'd want to go on to catching *more* Dark Wizards?

hmm, you have a point. but didn't j k rowling say she oesn't kno if she's gonna continue the series? i really hope she does. i think i would like to see harry become an auror.

Yup, she did say that. I don't blame her. I don't think anyone could continue a series into eternity, and I think she'd best stop after the seventh.

Besides, she said it herself: maybe Harry dies in the last book.

To those wanting other similar books to the Harry series, can I recommend the Earthsea books by Ursula Le Guin. The first book is "A Wizard of Earthsea" and deals with an apprentice wizard called Sparrowhawk as well as a school for wizards. Also themes on abuse/misuse of magical power. Highly recommended and entertaining.

Well, i kind of hope she continues the series a little while longer. i read the first earthsea book last year for school. Maybe it was because we hadd to read it , but i din't like it too much.

Back