• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

do you always miss the twist?

oldboy

i do
never think ahead about - what might be - until affter ive finished. and then i know

i think i read 1st ttime around tooo fast for my own goood

I know I read too fast sometimes. There have been several mystery novels where I'll be tooling along and suddenly there's some giant shift in the story that all the characters are talking about, and I'm thinking to myself, "what?" So I have to backtrack and find the important details I'd glossed over in my race to the finish:rolleyes:

One thing I don't have to worry about is reading too fast. I am a very slow reader and sometimes get very involved in the story. I don't mind at all being a slow reader and the only downside is that I may not read as many books as others......on the other hand I read many more books than most people. :)

I sometimes read too fast to catch a twist too, and have to backtrack to work out what has happened, but only in books with a lot of irrelevant background stuff I'm not really interested in. I read it, but must daydream or something at the same time, because I suddenly realise I haven't took anything of the last chapter or whatever, in.

I also read a bit too fast. I think I must have a bit of steffee's day dreaming problem, because every now and then I'll look down at the page and realise that I havn't taken in the last couple of pages, so I have to go back and re-read. Sometimes I even get stuck on one line, where I have to read it over and over for it to sink in - strange, I know!

I have trouble remembering names for discussion as well. If it's a long/strange name then I don't really register the way it is pronounced in my head, I just take notice of the way the name looks on the page, so next time that pops up I'll know it's that person. I also usually pronounce names the way that sounds good to me, and the next time I go to have a proper look at the way it is spelt, I realise it is pronounced /totally/ different.

Gosh I sound like a nut job when I type that stuff out :eek:

I sometimes miss the finer details in books, due to fast reading. :rolleyes: As I get closer to the end of a book, I get more impatient to finish, so that I can get started on a new book. :eek: Actually my (one and only) New Years Resolution is to finish every book I start, and to read them properly, instead of rushing. :D

I do the day-dreaming thing alot too, where I'll be reading the words, but thinking of something else. Then all of a sudden I'll snap out of it, and realise I haven't absorbed anything I've read. :eek:

its not so much that im not concentrating tho.

more like i dont take the time to CONSIDER the story and possible repurcusssions / outcomes etc

Back