• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do You Believe in Previous or after Life?

drdln

People have strong opinions! But the opinion varies from person to person, from culture to culture, from nation to nation.. I am just curious what do you think about all these concepts of previous life, after life, carnation, reincarnation..?

Please share your views. I will start. NO previous life because we are always around as matter or energy. Total energy is constant E=mcsquare

I like the idea that energy is always present and can't be destroyed. It would be comforting to know that the energy of all the people you have known and are no longer living is still around in some form. Have no strong opinion one way or the other - just one of those things it's impossible to know.

+1 ..... I think it's cute when people play around with math they don't understand.
or ... I'm sorry, i can't stop laughing ... Perhaps drdln wanted to write in Matlab . Help us to understand you !!
In connection with the question, I believe in after life but it isn't just Quantic Physics .

I am looking forward to see others opinions.

I truly want to believe in some form of after life. I am such a logical person, that it is hard for me to believe something I have not seen, but for examples, there have been a lot of instances in my house that the presence of someone who we know has previously passed away in the house has been felt. so... yeah I guess I'm not really answering the question, but this is really the only firm opinion I have on the matter on any type of afterlife.

I consistently stay away from discussing my Christian faith on this forum. I am Christian and that is sufficient for anyone to know.

+1

I think it's cute when people play around with math they don't understand.

Just a question from a non-math and science background - does energy remain constant or does it expand and what happens to the radiation we get bombarded with from outer space - does it just get absorbed into the earth - I have lots more questions along this line but maybe should get a book on it.

With the exception of black holes and dark energy and other stuff we haven't discovered, it's more or less constant. Newtonian physics says its constant and for day to day life for most people, that's good enough.

With the exception of black holes and dark energy and other stuff we haven't discovered, it's more or less constant. Newtonian physics says its constant and for day to day life for most people, that's good enough.

I have no conflict with the above statement and belief. In fact I like it. Thanks for answering most of the questions raised above including your own.

I must have done something really bad in a previous life and ended up being reincarnated as a human being who is damned to a lifetime of searching for his keys and wallet.

After reading some of the responses, it is important that I share a little more about me. Kindly bear with me.

I believe that we are all connected with each other and there is one god. BTW I have served as President and Trustee board chairman of a non-profit religious organization.

With regards to all, drdln

That's... not really what that means.

Please help what it means IYO. All I know is this:

One God and One Spirit

There is one Universal energy that we call God, Allah, Ram, Parmatma, Hari, Lord of the Universe, Nature or any other name we choose. That energy is constant; it can neither be created nor destroyed. However, this energy can convert into matter and matter can convert back into energy. Therefore, everything is created out of this energy and goes back into this energy. That is the ultimate truth.

If that's what you believe, good for you. Whatever gets you through the day. However, it has no more to do with Einstein than... say, calculating multiple digits of pi proves that hindus are correct in thinking life and rebirth is a wheel. One is physics, the other is metaphysics.

E=MC2

Back