• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you judge a book by its cover?

Does the cover of the book decide whether you buy the book or not?

• Total voters
I preferred cover 1 (the darker one without the newsprint). The newsprint one was quite unusual and eye-catching, but ultimately rather busy on the eye. The darker one looked classier somehow, and slightly more menacing. :)

I like cover 1 - the dark one. It seems to stand out more; plus I'm always drawn to black covers on bookshelves - e.g. Cryptonomicon, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norell.

I would personally go with the black background and white text, but change the title to either gold or red. (If your publisher has the ability to do gold foil, that would really be best.) The black grabs the reader, but right now, you focus on the photos rather than the title. That's not good to snag casual shoppers, because you want them to remember the name in case they aren't ready to purchase yet, and you want to grab them enough to cause them to pick up the book and read the back blurb.

Thanks

Thank you all for your input, you've been a lot of help. I had 6 covers origionally, but have had a hard time after narrowing it down to these 2. To answer one question, it is darker, a ture story about the investigation into a murdered father and son.

Thank you

Thank you all for the feedback, it really helped. I've been narrowing down covers for a while now. To answer the question, yes it is a non-fiction book about a father and son who were murdered.

Which Book Cover Is Your Favorite?

Book covers are really attractive arent they?
My favorite book cover is of 'The Da Vinci Code'. Really Enigmatic !Isnt it?

So, Which One is yours?

I don't really know if I have a FAVORITE book cover, but I tend to like those that have historical artwork on it. I particularly like the cover for "The Crimson Petal and the White".
I generally dislike any cover with any kind of photograph on it. :rolleyes:

n95015.jpg

I love the Japanese style esthetic, especially color combinations. These are three good covers from Banana Y:

kitchen.jpg
aabyss.hubbe.net_gfx_covers_bks_lizard.jpg
0802116388.jpg

Back