• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you rember when?

whitetrash

Hardey Boys was the biggest young adult books around. With thoses old blue covers than came Nancy Drew. A:) hh the good old days when i was just a lad.

When I was in third grade, I read all 56 Nancy Drew books.
Ah, nostalgia.

Of course, they were already about 30-40 years old when I got around to them. It always bothered me how Nancy Drew was described as "an attractive girl" with "titian hair". The author used the same description in every book!

I never liked Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew, to be quite honest. I felt like they were all too similar and the kids in it were hard for me to sympathize with. I read a couple of Hardy Boys and about five Nancy Drews before I gave up and started reading stories I felt like I was inside of.

Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, Nurse Cherry Ames were my favorites.

Does anyone else remember the 'talking records"? They were 45rpm and came packed in a box, I had (at least) The Adventures of Robin Hood andThe Wizard of Oz. I don't remember any others, although I could have had them, but being obsessed with Robin Hood, the memory escapes me. :eek: :rolleyes:

I used to have some of those talking records. One of some of Jack London's short stories and one of Robert Service's poetry. I know I had more though.

Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew were great. Encyclopedia Brown I liked even better though. The mysteries were so easy to solve in the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew usually. "Nancy Drew and the mystery of the hidden staircase that shows her that the doctor was the culprate."

But they were still good reads. Long enough to take more than five minutes, but short enough to hold my interest. I was one of those kids that read all the nancy drew and hardy boys...more than once.

This will date me-the number one book for elementary school readers was "101 ways to sink a sub.":eek: ;)

As long as we're exposing our ages, I read Tintin comics in those little half size booklets! And they were in black and white. Just a few though, I mean I was an eight year old GIRL and all -didn't like many comics.:D

Back