• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you remember...?

Puddleglum

We all have that conversation once in a while. Do you remember such and such a programme from when you were a kid? It could be a cartoon that you loved or a TV series. And there is always that one that you remember and noone else does. For years you think that you dreamt the whole thing but then the internet saved your life with a simple search on google.

Anyway here a few that I remember an really enjoyed. Feel free to add your own and remember on a thread like this pictures really help jog memories.

Tales of the Golden Monkey
Manimal
Ulysees 31

talescast.gif

aepguides.com_Manimal_cast.jpg

Uly-Poster.jpg

I was a cartoon kid all the way. Who else here was a kid in the 80s and loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Darkwing Duck, He-Man/She-Ra (oh yeah :p ), Tale Spin, and Chip & Dale - Rescue Rangers? And going even further back, you've got Rainbow Brite (I dressed up as her for Halloween, and my little sister was Twink), Care Bears, My Little Pony, and good ol' Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers.

Ah but do you remember Dangermouse or Count Duckula? Dreamstone or The Mysterious Cities of Gold?

Mr Rogers was never shown on British TV as far as I know. Though I have seen clips on TV over the years it was usually the same one were he was singing after he got home from work.

I loved the Dreamstone! I didn't think anyone else even watched it! And I was definitely a My Little Pony girl...

Also, Thundercats anyone? And Dungeons & Dragons, the cartoon. Both fab.

Dallas(I never knew who in the world shot J.R.)

dalcard.jpg

Diff'rent Strokes(The pre-criminal years)
different%20strokes.png

Alf
talf005.jpg

Ronny said:
I remember Alf, he ate cats or tried anyways. I think he's on dvd now.
We bought my father-in-law the first season of "Alf" on DVD last Christmas. He is Alf, except for the alien and cat-eating part. He looks kinda like him anyway. But don't tell him I said that. ;)

Puddleglum said:
The Mysterious Cities of Gold?
Oh, I loved that! I even bought a DVD with a couple of episodes a while ago, but I haven't watched it yet. (It's too bloody expensive to my taste to have the entire box shipped over from France.)

Other shows I watched are Buiten de Zone, Mik, Mak en Mon, Samson, Merlina and loads of other shows no one will probably have ever heard of. Also, when I was younger I used to watch Club Dorothée (only for the cartoons, because I didn't understand a thing they were saying back then) and stuff like Fraggle Rock and some typical shows (Wonder Woman, Captain Planet, Miami Vice, etc.).

Power Rangers (of course!)
Rugrats
Ren and Stimpy
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Guts
Young Hercules
Salute Your Shorts
Clarissa Explains It All
Hey Dude
All That
Pete and Pete
Lambchops Playalong
Barney
Eureka's Castle
(the list goes on and on!)

Does anyone remember Patrick Duffy's pre-Dallas show? The Man From Atlantis?

How about Robert Blake? Baretta?

I used to stick a snub-nosed cap gun in my pants, and dangle a candy cigarette from my yap trying to be like the future "alleged" wife killer.

How about Hee-Haw?

anyone?

heehawlogo.jpg

Back